2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

Zambrano did pretty well. However, I still hate him b/c he points to the sky all the time. God has nothing to do with your sleazy, psychotic, **** winning.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

The Cardinals aren't in the World Series yet & October is still a long time away.**** happens as any Cub fan can tell you.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

The Cardinals aren't in the World Series yet & October is still a long time away.**** happens as any Cub fan can tell you.

I know. I still love October baseball. It's my favorite time of the year. I've been lucky to go to so many playoff games. Love the atmosphere and the temperature! In the meantime, I'm looking forward to college football. I pretty much like most any sport.

Zambrano did pretty well. However, I still hate him b/c he points to the sky all the time. God has nothing to do with your sleazy, psychotic, **** winning.

Now don't go making fun of the man's religion! That's ennui's job. ;)

I know. I still love October baseball. It's my favorite time of the year. I've been lucky to go to so many playoff games. Love the atmosphere and the temperature! In the meantime, I'm looking forward to college football. I pretty much like most any sport.

Like i said before-in my book LaRussa is a stand up guy with his animal rescue work.So if they do win-i see it as him having more money to donate to the rescue relief.And that makes me happy so i wish your team lots of luck.

Like i said before-in my book LaRussa is a stand up guy with his animal rescue work.So if they do win-i see it as him having more money to donate to the rescue relief.And that makes me happy so i wish your team lots of luck.

TLR does donate money to shelters and is a vegetarian, which isn't easy in MLB. However, he is well known for treating opposing teams, some of his own players, and even his wife and family like crap. And before you say that most MLB managers are like that -- none are as bad as TLR. There's a reason there is a faction of Cardinal fans that wants TLR gone, no matter how many games he wins. I remember press coverage about him pulling Steve Kline out of the shower all soapy to chew him out in front of the team. He didn't tell Jason Marquis that he was left off the playoff roster, so Marquis showed up with the rest of the team, bags packed, ready to get on the plane. He only found out he wasn't on the payoff roster when they wouldn't let him board. Nice huh? A MLB manager generally will call his team members whom he's left off a playoff roster and say "thanks for a great season, we won't be seeing you in the playoffs" but not TLR -- just let Marquis be excited about the playoffs one minute, then embarrassed in front of the entire team the next. He's had notorious feuds with many players, including Scott Rolen, who was on his roster and he wouldn't even speak to. TLR's not my kind of guy, too much of a jerk.

No all that doesn't sound so great but they're grown men & i'm sure they've all been jerks to each other & are capable of taking care of themselves.

On the other hand the animals are helpless & any help given to them from whoever is much needed & appreciated.

I forgot to mention his DUI, and how he wouldn't go see his wife when she was hospitalized.

I'm not knocking his work with the shelter -- I give my resources to homeless pets when I'm able and I think it's a good cause. However, I think giving money to homeless pets doesn't give someone license to totally disrespect the people around him day in and day out.

KG, you seem to know more about TLR and the Cards than I do....crazy. I've never heard about half of this stuff....although maybe the STL media didn't really report on it. It seems as though the media in the STL always portrays the Cards as the best of the best even when they are sucking it up.

Now don't go making fun of the man's religion! That's ennui's job. ;)

Heck, he is probably Catholic too....being from Venezuela and all. Where is ennui?

Heck, he is probably Catholic too....being from Venezuela and all. Where is ennui?

There you go stereotyping. :rolleyes:

:lol:

KG, you seem to know more about TLR and the Cards than I do....crazy. I've never heard about half of this stuff....although maybe the STL media didn't really report on it. It seems as though the media in the STL always portrays the Cards as the best of the best even when they are sucking it up.

What can I say, I love baseball and I'm not satisfied with the drivel ESPN feeds us. My husband is the same way; you know he's a Cards fan (and he doesn't like TLR either). When we were first together in 1998, he took me to the game when McGwire tied Maris' single-season HR record in StL, but I attended a better game on 10/5/03 in Atlanta.. that was far and away the best game I've ever seen (it's not common, but sometimes the Cubs do play in October ;) ).

We're trying to visit every stadium in the major leagues (not easy since they keep tearing them down!) and other sites that pertain to baseball like the Field of Dreams in Iowa. We've been to the Roger Maris Museum in Fargo ND (odd he isn't in the HOF). Earlier this year, we went to the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum in Greenville, SC, which is owned by an entertaining woman who claimed to once have been (and maybe still is?!) in love with Mike Shannon, and whose family housed him while he played minor league ball.

I don't claim to know everything (far from it!). But I like baseball and I understand stats. TLR knows how to win (and how to have a clubhouse rampant with steroid use), he is a shrewd, effective manager, especially when it comes to stats, but he's also a jerk of a person. Baseball is a game, though, and even though I've never met him personally, I will say if I was picking teams I wouldn't want him on my team.

What can I say, I love baseball and I'm not satisfied with the drivel ESPN feeds us. My husband is the same way; you know he's a Cards fan (and he doesn't like TLR either). When we were first together in 1998, he took me to the game when McGwire tied Maris' single-season HR record in StL, but I attended a better game on 10/5/03 in Atlanta.. that was far and away the best game I've ever seen (it's not common, but sometimes the Cubs do play in October ;) ).

We're trying to visit every stadium in the major leagues (not easy since they keep tearing them down!) and other sites that pertain to baseball like the Field of Dreams in Iowa. We've been to the Roger Maris Museum in Fargo ND (odd he isn't in the HOF). Earlier this year, we went to the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum in Greenville, SC, which is owned by an entertaining woman who claimed to once have been (and maybe still is?!) in love with Mike Shannon, and whose family housed him while he played minor league ball.

I don't claim to know everything (far from it!). But I like baseball and I understand stats. TLR knows how to win (and how to have a clubhouse rampant with steroid use), he is a shrewd, effective manager, especially when it comes to stats, but he's also a jerk of a person. Baseball is a game, though, and even though I've never met him personally, I will say if I was picking teams I wouldn't want him on my team.

Very cool! I'm envious that you keep up so much with baseball. Who would be in love with Mike Shannon? It's gotta be like me loving Steve Kline.

baseballprospectus.com is good for stats, and I like gatewayredbirds for cards talk. This lady in SC could not understand why I didn't swoon with her when she said Mike Shannon's name.. I was polite though and didn't :lol: maybe he was different when he was younger.

baseballprospectus.com is good for stats, and I like gatewayredbirds for cards talk. This lady in SC could not understand why I didn't swoon with her when she said Mike Shannon's name.. I was polite though and didn't :lol: maybe he was different when he was younger.

Too funny! I can't imagine Mike Shannon being much different when he was younger.

Thanks for the websites. I pretty much read stltoday.com for my Cards news. I'm into the not so stat orientied news. I loved the "Hoosier Fan of the Week." It is much like People of Walmart site, but for Cardinals fans.

http://joesportsfan.com/?p=256

:lol::lol::lol: how have I not seen that website yet?!

I know I've made my opinions on TLR known, so I feel I should say I do like the new Busch stadium, and I heart Albert Pujols -- he's not only a fine player, but also a great guy (I am so jealous he is a Cardinal).

:lol::lol::lol: how have I not seen that website yet?!

I know I've made my opinions on TLR known, so I feel I should say I do like the new Busch stadium, and I heart Albert Pujols -- he's not only a fine player, but also a great guy (I am so jealous he is a Cardinal).

Eh, Albert is a great player, but I wouldn't want to pay him the big bucks. I think the Cards need to trade him now and get someone decent for him.

The new Busch is great, but will always love the old!

The best thing about Busch Stadium is the affordable tickets! Yes, some can be pricey, but they always have specials so you can actually go to the game.

My parents have stadium club seats which are really nice!

Cubs tickets are so pricey! No specials for those. Although if something doesn't change, they might have to start offering discounts. According to the paper attendance is down 4% this year and the rooftop locations are hurting as well.

Back