What's new

Changes coming to Bristol

WarEagle64

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Bruton Smith announced on Wednesday that big changes are coming to the Bristol Motor Speedway. The March 18th, Sprint Cup attendance was only half of the 160,000 capacity. Smith said, if the fans want changes to the track, then changes are going to be made. The changes will begin immediately, are to take approximately 90 days, and cost 1 million. The track will be ready in plenty of time for the August night race,

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...-motor-speedway-undergo-track-surface-changes

Attachments

• thumbnailCA4X4QBO.jpg
    thumbnailCA4X4QBO.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 47
Bruton Smith announced on Wednesday that big changes are coming to the Bristol Motor Speedway. The March 18th, Sprint Cup attendance was only half of the 160,000 capacity. Smith said, if the fans want changes to the track, then changes are going to be made. The changes will begin immediately, are to take approximately 90 days, and cost 1 million. The track will be ready in plenty of time for the August night race,

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...-motor-speedway-undergo-track-surface-changes

Build it and they will come! The changes will bring in enough revenue to pay for the improvements! These might have been needed even before the fans asked for them to be made.Thank you for the link.

Yes, thank you! I went to Bristol many years ago with my sister and my mom. It was a lot of fun, but even all those years ago, it was in need of changes. I think race tracks are like any business in that you have to listen to you customers (fans) in order to get the return that you desire. Hopefully some of these changes will make the difference!

What exactly are they planning on doing to the track? does anybody know? I'm interested to see what changes they have in store!

What exactly are they planning on doing to the track? does anybody know? I'm interested to see what changes they have in store!

They are not revealing what changes they are making. Some think they are going back to their former shape of the track, where it was more narrow.

I think points racing is part of it. People are watching what Johnson and Stewart have done and know you only have to go for it in ten races. I mean, drivers were even content to settle in the Daytona 500.

I think points racing is part of it. People are watching what Johnson and Stewart have done and know you only have to go for it in ten races. I mean, drivers were even content to settle in the Daytona 500.

I am not following you as far as this thread goes. How does Bristol changing their track, have to do with drivers strategy on points?

Looking forward in seeing how it plays out and what exactly gets changed. I hope it goes well and makes it better for the drivers and more entertaining for us :)

Back