What's new

Charcoal

atm123

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
What is a good price for Kingsford charcoal? I've been paying $7.99 at Jewel, but I would like to get it cheaper somewhere if possible. Any ideas?

DH has been grilling a lot and this means I don't have to make dinner!

No idea...but I know I have a couple of expired charcoal wts if you want them for dominick's...of course the price after the wt would probably be just as good as a regular price somewhere else!!! LOL

Spoiled now and can't pay more than 5.99 for an 16# bag after finding it at my local small town store for that price - a Shur-fine chain. Bought 5 bags but probably should have bought 20. Who knows when it'll be that price again, that's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

No idea...but I know I have a couple of expired charcoal wts if you want them for dominick's...of course the price after the wt would probably be just as good as a regular price somewhere else!!! LOL

Thanks for the offer, but I will have to pass. I don't wish to inflict pain on myself in trying to use an expired WT. Heck I won't even use a WT there period.

Do you ever use hardwood charcoal?

Mas better than the compressed & glued together briquettes.

Plus, you don't need lighter fluid.

Do you ever use hardwood charcoal?

Mas better than the compressed & glued together briquettes.

Plus, you don't need lighter fluid.

Interesting....never heard of hardwood charcoal until now.

For hardwood/lump charcoal aficionados..

www.nakedwhiz.com

It'll be totally boring to the casual griller, but if you are really into smoking and BBQ, it's a great resource.

Just keep an eye out & It'll go on sale for 6.99 - 8.99 for Kingsford.

I would say within the next 3-4 weeks.

I did it at KMart (last week they were giving a free bottle of KC Masterpiece w/1 bag) and using the $10/$20...but that doesn't help you now, I know.

LY Jewel also had a "Gather Round the Grill" $6Q for charcoal that kicked butt. I think I was paying around $3-4 at the time (definitely no more than $4.) We had charcoal stored EVERYWHERE. I'm hoping they offer that or a similar deal again.

BTW, anyone notice that the 18lb. bags (formerly 20lb.) have shrunk AGAIN to 16.6lbs?

What is a good price for Kingsford charcoal? I've been paying $7.99 at Jewel, but I would like to get it cheaper somewhere if possible. Any ideas?

DH has been grilling a lot and this means I don't have to make dinner!
Not a better price but there's a coupon for $2.00 off meat wyb 16.6 oz Kingsford charcoal. 03/14 SS x May 15.
HTH

I buy the hardwood charcoal at Trader Joe's. I think it's $5.99 or $6.99 a bag. It adds so much flavor to the food, it's incredible. NOM NOM NOM!

I buy the hardwood charcoal at Trader Joe's. I think it's $5.99 or $6.99 a bag. It adds so much flavor to the food, it's incredible. NOM NOM NOM!

bba6_nomnomnom_bib.jpg

Back