What's new

Chicago Tribune!!

jooey2

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So I get 40 tribunes delivered each week Sun only on Sat. I want to get 10 more delivered. So i call the Tribune They have no record of my current account and am tired of trying to get to the bottom of that problem. So I take the little postcard offer for 50 cent Sun papers and the guy says I can get 10 a week for $5 for 6months. So I sign up for it and today I get 1 paper not 10 but 1! So I call the Tribune and they tell me the offer is only good for 3 papers. Fine then y not send me 3 instead of 1?

I guess my rant is that I am tired of CS at the Tribune. If anyone has a suggestion for getting what I want please let me know! Thank you If Menards would not give me grief buying more then 5 papers this really would not even be a problem. Always something!! lol:pout::pout:

Do you have a Dollar Tree by you? They sell them for $1 too.

So I get 40 tribunes delivered each week Sun only on Sat. I want to get 10 more delivered. So i call the Tribune They have no record of my current account and am tired of trying to get to the bottom of that problem. So I take the little postcard offer for 50 cent Sun papers and the guy says I can get 10 a week for $5 for 6months. So I sign up for it and today I get 1 paper not 10 but 1! So I call the Tribune and they tell me the offer is only good for 3 papers. Fine then y not send me 3 instead of 1?

I guess my rant is that I am tired of CS at the Tribune. If anyone has a suggestion for getting what I want please let me know! Thank you If Menards would not give me grief buying more then 5 papers this really would not even be a problem. Always something!! lol:pout::pout:

I started my 10 sunday subscription last September. The first two weeks were a mess. I called and talked to the CSR, but my problem wasn't corrected. The next time I called, I asked to talk to a supervisor and my problem was solved afterward.

I can't stand the CS at the Trib! I've called every week for 4 weeks!!!

They have me on auto pay - but suspended my account for non-payment... UMMMMMM...

Anyway... I called in a missed paper - and when they delivered it I went outside to talk to the guy. This is a "contractor/agent" (according to his business card)... he said that if it's only a delivery issue to call him personally instead of CS.

I'm guessing that we only have that guy because we are not in the Chicago area - but maybe everyone has one?

They have me on auto pay - but suspended my account for non-payment... UMMMMMM...

Anyway... I called in a missed paper - and when they delivered it I went outside to talk to the guy. This is a "contractor/agent" (according to his business card)... he said that if it's only a delivery issue to call him personally instead of CS.

I'm guessing that we only have that guy because we are not in the Chicago area - but maybe everyone has one?

Nope, just areas outside of Chicago. In Chicago, they have their own dept. that handles delivery issues. We have a contractor agent that handles our area in Blm-Normal - meaning only that he oversees everyone who delivers. It's quite a mess. The contractor agent has a contact in Chicago, but the accounts aren't all synched together. Ask me how I know all of this. LOL

I soo feel your pain...been there!! They did the exact same thing to me on auto-pay! Just today I had to call my delivery guy, I don't call the Trib CS unless I have to. I was missing one insert and he gave me the low down on why inserts are different in different areas...blah, blah, blah. He was a nice guy and told me that they just RECYCLE all the leftover inserts....AHHHH, I want to find out where they recycle those, I would be in dumpster divin' heaven!! :lol: So I politely tell him that if he wants to leave any of those extra inserts that get recycled here at my house I would gladly take them. He knows I only get my 2 subscriptions because of the inserts so he starts asking me how much savings, etc. Then he tells me that it sounds a little excessive and over the top to him!! Bite me....there goes your tip!! :giggles:

Back