What's new

Chrome wins weekend browser battle with IE

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
1331850861160_ORIGINAL.jpg

Google Inc’s Chrome web browser overtook Microsoft Corp’s Internet Explorer to become market leader globally for the first time last Sunday, web analytics firm StatCounter said on Wednesday.

“While it is only one day, this is a milestone,” said Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter’s chief executive.

“At weekends, when people are free to choose what browser to use, many of them are selecting Chrome in preference to IE.”

On March 18, Chrome was used for 32.7% of all browsing, while Explorer had 32.5 percent share. When people returned to their offices on Monday, the IE share rose to 35% and Chrome’s share slipped to 30%.

Read more: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21/chrome-wins-weekend-browser-battle-with-ie

Chrome'll always win in my book. Though most of the elderly who use computers and have little knowledge about them would probably stick to IE.

I prefer to use Google Chrome over IE anytime. Chrome is much easier to use to search for things on the internet. Besides if I would ever lose Chrome it would be a shame.

Chrome is super! It is like going back in the dark ages to use IE anymore.

I always use Chrome. IE doesn't please me that much and oftentimes it doesn't perform well. Hope you find the answers with Chrome too.

Can't say that I am surprised. I am a huge fan of Google Chrome. In fact, I am using it right now! It's probably one of my favorite browsers.

Back