What's new

Clear Your Memory Without Restarting

Adam

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Got this little how-to from JunkyPC. This will create a little icon on your desktop to let you clear your ram without restarting. It's great if you have a low ram system with long up times.

1. In Windows, create a new shortcut. (Right click on an empty spot on the desktop and select New – Shortcut.)

2. Copy the following: %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks and paste in the box.

3. Click Next.

4. Give the shortcut a name. (i.e. Clear Memory)

5. Click Finish and you’re done!

Now, whenever your computer starts running slowly, click this shortcut to clear our your memory and get your computer running at a normal pace.

I have done the same thing but it is not working buddy. Can you please help me in this issue.

pranith said:
I have done the same thing but it is not working buddy. Can you please help me in this issue.
why...it's working fine in case of my windows XP2
I can even notice the increase performance....
are you getting any errors..if yes post them here...

i just do the run command and then enter cookies...and with FF i choice to clean out everything and it works...

:D

thedudleys said:
i just do the run command and then enter cookies...and with FF i choice to clean out everything and it works...

:D
First off all cleaning cookies will not clean the RAM memory and will not speed up the system
and second it's recommended not to delete cookies coz many sites use them for identification and authentication

well theres always lots of softwares that can restart memory without restarting... i forgot the name of the software though... well its no use to me anyway...

Back