What's new

company christmas

So... my company christmas party started about 20 minutes ago. I'm gonna wait about an hour and a half before I leave. I really wish I didn't have to go, but it would make me look bad and I don't want to hear all the stupid questions about why I wasn't there. The owners of my company order about $400 worth of appetizers and expect us to make a meal out of it, I'm gonna stop and eat somewhere on the way there, I would feel like crap after eating a meal off of sandwich meat trays, shrimp, onion dip, and pies and cookies.

I also cannot answer my phone until I leave... last company I worked for, I went to the first christmas party... which was completely lame, so when I didn't show up to the next one, they called me from a phone number I didn't know, I answered and they kept me on the phone for probably 15-20 minutes trying to convince me to go while they were drunk....

Rumor has it that we might get our bonuses at the party, so I guess I'm supposed to be all happy that I get a half **** meal, boredom, and a check. I got so screwed on my bonus last year cause I was just short of 90 days.

My company party is on the 14...which is a thursday. That way people wont get too ****ed up on managements dollar :lol:

I dont even know if I want to go.

I got drunk and just crashed at the one owners house, 6 others did the same :p It was an alright party I guess, the food sucked. They gave us all a grand which is a lot better than the stupid tv's last year and they gave us it in cash which was nice. Anyone that didn't show up didn't and won't get the money so a few got ****ed :lol: They always take it as a "**** you" to them by the employees that don't show. They are still getting cheaper and cheaper every year with the holiday presents and bonus check at the end of the year.

Rumor has it that we might get our bonuses at the party, so I guess I'm supposed to be all happy that I get a half **** meal, boredom, and a check. I got so screwed on my bonus last year cause I was just short of 90 days.
They told us our bonus checks would be handed out next week at our party last night. Kind of dumb they just didn't hand them out at the party. We didn't have much better food but it still wasn't good like last years.

Mine wasn't too bad, so I guess I won't complain. :p

Back