Complaint!! Proflowers...

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
So Mother's day is this sunday. I ordered my mom some flowers. I picked a bouquet for $20.00 includes 1 dozen roses, chocolates and a vase. Ok... I go thru all the who where and payment time. They are charging me $12.99 standard delivery fee, $9.99 saturday delivery fee plus 2.99 care and handling. WTF!! I am paying MORE for delivery than I am for the actual product. ****suckers!! I called them up and the woman confirmed yes ma'am that is standard to charge that. I said well ya just lost my f-n business ****! I then hung up. I am fit to be f-n tied right now. WTF????

BTW, thanks for letting me vent!

Same thing with 1 800 Flowers. They advertized Roses for $19.99. If you wanted a vase, it was extra. The delivery charge was $12.99 on Thursday, $14.99 on Friday & saturday.
it costed about $34.99 to send Flowers to my Mom in Michigan. But, she received them today, and said they were fresh. She should know, she use to be a floral Designer about 30 years ago. I know its a bit pricey,, but you only have one Mom. My Mother is in her 80's, so you never know when God will call her.Just hearing that she was surprized is pricless.

Oh I understand that.. definitely. My mom is in her mid 70's and 700+ miles way. I only see her about once a year, unless something is wrong (as in medically). I want my mom happy.
I thought it was completely wrong to charge twice for a delivery fee and the crap of care & handling... unbelievable. Like I said I won't be using them again. Then I went online to read the complaints... yeah, it's not pretty!

Google a local florist and give them a card over the phone.... always cheaper ;)

Great call! That's what I always do! Google, call, ask. Then if you tell them you are far away, the flowers seem to turn out really nice for the recipient!

You are better off not ordering from Pro-flowers. I ordered from them once and it was soooooo not worth it. My mom said the flowers did not last as long as they should.

DS ordered flowers for his wife 2 weeks ago and locked in a delivery date/price before the flower sites jacked up the prices...

I ran into the same problem. My mom lives in Wisconsin and we tried the Proflowers and 1800 flowers. They wanted too much for delivery so we found a local shop in her town and just ordered from them. $24 for a beautiful arrangement, vase, delivery and tax.

That sounds like their normal delivery charges to me. It's not even their charges, they ship FedEx so that's what FedEx charges them.

Most of the time DH orders from them, the flowers are really super fresh and last a long time. But I'm just as happy with a $4 bouquet from Trader Joe's or Aldi.

Back