What's new

Concerned..should I bring it up?

Nani22305

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So as most know I have a baby...going on 6 months now. Well I have been doing both bottle and breast feeding but mostly breast feeding. Well this is my concern and I'm not sure if its normal or not should I bring it up to the doctor?
When she feeds (breast feeding) at times (happens at least 1 every two to three days or sometimes once a day) her head begins to shake for like 5 seconds like hmm not sure how to describe it, it just shakes like when you have a shiver and shake convulsively...well anyways
She has done that since she was born but I wasn't too concerned. Now it keeps happening , I really thought it would go away. She doesn't do it when she bottle feeds.
What do you guys think?

Number one thing I learned as a parent, follow your gut. Even if it is nothing (which I'm sure it is) at least it will give you one less thing to worry about. Communication is key! :)

Absolutely, bring it up. Any concern/question you have is not too trivial. You need peace of mind,and those checkups are for you to bring up any type of question/concern you have. Let us know what the pediatrician says.

My younger son used to do something like that, but not necessarily when feeding. He'd sort of tense his shoulders and shiver for a few seconds. This probably lasted through age 2... He's fine :)

I would absolutely bring it up. Better safe than sorry.

FWIW, my DD19 did that when she fed- both breast & bottle- but only for a few weeks. I didn't BF correctly & I think she had to suck so hard to get any it made her shake. Once we switched to exclusively bottle feeding, she did it for awhile because I think she was used to sucking that hard. After a few weeks it stopped.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the baby has to work harder while breast feeding. Def bring it up! I'm sure it's nothing though.

My younger son used to do something like that, but not necessarily when feeding. He'd sort of tense his shoulders and shiver for a few seconds. This probably lasted through age 2... He's fine :)

That sounds like the pee shivers.

I think that sounds pretty normal--I nursed 4 kids long term

but I would bring it up

Thanks so much ladies. I am definitely bringing it up next week for 6 month check up.

Pay attention....sometimes I find myself or my kids doing a quick shiver during a pee, usually when tired.

Never noticed I did it until my BFF brought the subject up once lol!

Back