What's new

Cookie Class

Kathy and Valerie, do you know which way you will be coming through to get to the class? Trying to see if you'll be anywhere near me to try and come along.

I'm going to get my practice in tonight using some of the tips already posted. The cross country team has senior night tomorrow and is hosting a Pumpkin Run so I am baking some pumpkin cookies and circles that I plan on putting the cc symbol onto. Hoping they turn out well. Might post pics if the results are decent :)

Kathy and Valerie, do you know which way you will be coming through to get to the class? Trying to see if you'll be anywhere near me to try and come along.

I really don't think we will be going anywhere near Gurnee, we will most likely take 120 to 12 to Lake Cook to the expressway, but could meet with you somewhere on that route? But you will need to get confirmation on the directions from Valerie she agreed to drive as I am a chicken on the expressway.

I will be following the GPS directions which looks like I will be going from 12 to 53 to 290 to 294 to 45.

If you, or anyone else, can meet along that route, I'd be willing to pick you up.

This is my route (office/cookie class/home).

http://mapq.st/SJsJrB

May work to meet up at either Elgin O'Hare/290 or 290/294. I'm just trying to think about parking options at either. Let me ponder some more and I'll PM you.

I'm going to get my practice in tonight using some of the tips already posted. The cross country team has senior night tomorrow and is hosting a Pumpkin Run so I am baking some pumpkin cookies and circles that I plan on putting the cc symbol onto. Hoping they turn out well. Might post pics if the results are decent :)

How did they turn out?

Just finished them up. They are okay looking. Sure need lots of practice with getting a steady hand. Not sure what happened to my orange. When it dried overnight the color got kinda weird. Oh well, the HS kids will devour them after their 3 mile Pumpkin Run tonight.

Cookies.jpg
[/IMG]

Just finished them up. They are okay looking. Sure need lots of practice with getting a steady hand. Not sure what happened to my orange. When it dried overnight the color got kinda weird. Oh well, the HS kids will devour them after their 3 mile Pumpkin Run tonight.

Another perfect first attempt from Valerie. :surrender:

:)giggles: I'm just giving you a hard time because everything you try works out so well. ;))

Another perfect first attempt from Valerie. :surrender:

:)giggles: I'm just giving you a hard time because everything you try works out so well. ;))

Seriously! And she calls that ok looking. :tap:
Kinda looks like Valerie could give a class of her own. I still remember the beautiful rosette cake you made Val - gorgeous!!

VAL! You did an awesome job :bliss:

Are you sure you don't want to have your own class up there in wherever-the-Hooterville you live instead of driving all the way down to ours?!? :lol:

VAL! You did an awesome job :bliss:

Are you sure you don't want to have your own class up there in wherever-the-Hooterville you live instead of driving all the way down to ours?!? :lol:

Thanks! But I still need lots of help with the fine tuning part so it will be fun to just observe you pros doing it. AND it's a night out without any kids!!!!!!!

Valerie those are awesome. How quickly can I come to pick them up for a bake sale tomm. at DD's school??

oh, btw, that was Hooterville as in Petticoat Junction ..... an oldddddddddddd TV show :surrender: , not Hooterville as in boobies or the restaurant

:giggles:

Thanks Valerie, now I know if I go to the cookie class that I'm probably going to be the special ed student. Do you all have a clue about decorating cookies, because I have no clue.

Love, clueless

Thanks Valerie, now I know if I go to the cookie class that I'm probably going to be the special ed student. Do you all have a clue about decorating cookies, because I have no clue.

Love, clueless

I have a clue, and that clue is hundreds of cookies that I can't get the frosting to dry on. So my clue is that 1) I need a class & 2) this might not be my thing. :lol:

:lol: Glad you cleared that up, I thought you meant boobies.

:lol: but we're about the same age :9: you watched Petticoat Junction, didn't you ?!?

I have a clue, and that clue is hundreds of cookies that I can't get the frosting to dry on. So my clue is that 1) I need a class & 2) this might not be my thing. :lol:

Idk, Dragonfly.... I remember trying to help walk you through it too... maybe it's something in the air out your way :surrender:

not to worry.... we'll make it your thing :huggy:

Back