What's new

Cookie Mom--looks like we are going to get snow

toger, saw on GMA this morning (7am) that Davenport had 9 inches then

Saw on the noon local news that Wausau has 10 inches already , and they said where I live that we have an inch. They're wrong - there's lots more than that out there.

I have been too busy answering phones ect. I live 10 miles east of Wausau the snow is still coming down like crazy. I cannot believe that garbage trucks are out running.... so far we have pulled 9 garbage trucks out.. It is crazy I said to dan the guy from ?? used to be Veolia (just changed the name last week)that I was surprised they were out today he said that they talked about it and this snow could have not come at a worse time, with the next 2 weeks having holidays they almost have to otherwise they will never get caught up. The towing has slowed down a bit right now but it will be 3 before I know it and then the people strat to go into work and go home. Stay safe out there....

I have 2 things to say:

For everyone out there in the snow zone: please stay safe, be extra careful on the roads. Running out to do last minute holiday errands in awful conditions just isn't worth risking your life.

Secondly....

please keep that nasty weather out your way, or send it up north. I love bare ground in winter. :hides:

This morning, I stopped by Aldi to get my fruits and vegetables, stopped by Jewel to pick up sour cream, a ham and some free stuffs from Keurig deal. I am back and staying in with a cup of hot cocoa until this rain and snow goes away.

My parents are on their way to my grandparents house and the highway is closed due to the crazy weather, and most likely also due to this terrible crash.

We are going that way on Saturday, really hoping this is all cleared up by then....

My parents are on their way to my grandparents house and the highway is closed due to the crazy weather, and most likely also due to this terrible crash.

We are going that way on Saturday, really hoping this is all cleared up by then....

Why can't they wait to go until tomorrow?

Folks still have to make it to Iowa.

The 25 car pile up with fatality is 60 miles from one of my sisters.

ick....really, why do we want this?!?!

Hope Friday they have it all cleaned up.. Up here it is still snowing and blowing , DH had to go past our school to get a garbage truck unstuck he said that the drifts on the southside of the school are higher then the school. I'm gonna have to call out a favor to our town plows..... he said it will need a front end loader... Thank God the school is right next to the town hall.

Bad thing is now around here the garbage trucks are done running for the day but now the PLOW trucks are getting stuck.. The guys are on #4 for different towns so far.. The trucks that plow the roads are getting stuck sucks because there is only a couple of things that can get them out, front end loaders or if our trucks can make it down the roads. I feel it is going to be a long night...

and when the plows can't get down the road people are stuck, trapped what ever you want to call it. I pray no ones has any emergencies that would require ambukances or frire trucks...

Peggy :huggy: to you, mistah and your crew. :)

Hey, any chance one of your trucks can swing by Madison and pick my sister up from work? :p

If she can wait until Saturday I will have a truck going from Phillips to Madison to Lacrosse and back. LOL...

I think she'll be fine. She brought an over night bag...............good thing she works in a hotel. :lol:

It's not even raining heavily, our basement is flooded.

Just found out the idiot husband took out all the downspout diverters :gah:

The whole summer he was procrastinating about connecting the diverters, since we had a dry summer, I just let it be until a few weeks ago I put them on myself, but he thought he is smarter and took them off a week ago without telling me.

The whole summer he was procrastinating about connecting the diverters, since we had a dry summer, I just let it be until a few weeks ago I put them on myself, but he thought he is smarter and took them off a week ago without telling me.

OMG!! They just finished yesterday puttimg our roof on the house, we went with steel and Tuesday when I got home from the shop the contractor said " we will get the rain gutters and finish up by the end of next week." I was afraid of getting all the snow then it melting before the roof and rain gutters were done.
needless to say I came unglued it was supposed to be done by Thanksgiving.. Dh called yestersay and said you must have scared the crap out of them it looks like they will have it done today". And they did.

Amazing all I said to them was "so it is OK for you to take over a month past the date that it was supposed to be finished I guess it is OK for me to pay you over a month past the due date too"/
I wrote them their check yesterday when they were done.

Why must they try to think for themselves???? If they'd just follow directions...............

Why must they try to think for themselves???? If they'd just follow directions...............

because the equally idiot neighbor told him the snow is coming, you better take those off. :gah:

Why can't they wait to go until tomorrow?

I asked them the same question this morning when they left my house at 8:30 a.m. and they noted that there were blizzard conditions in Iowa.

They drove right into it :dunce: My dad's self confidence....we've traveled in bad storms before, it will be fine :dunce:

They drive straight through Iowa on their way to my paternal grandma's house, in Trenton, MO.

I think they were going to get a hotel room and just wait til tomorrow. At least, that's what they said at 2 p.m. when they had stopped at a truck stop.

be careful, people. It is brutal out there.

from NWS:

Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight CST tonight.

Timing: rain will change to snow during the late afternoon hours, and will likely be heavy at times. Less intense snow will linger through the night. Very Strong winds will develop as Snow arrives and continue overnight.

Snow accumulation: totals of 3 to 7 inches are likely. Locally higher amounts are possible if heavy snow bands with Thundersnow occur. Snowfall rates in excess of 1 to 2 inches per hour are possible.

Wind: northwest winds to 30 to 40 mph will continue through the night with gusts between 45 and 55 mph expected.

Impacts: The combination of the heavy snowfall rates and very strong winds will result in greatly reduced visibilities and possibly near blizzard conditions. Travel will become very dangerous if not impossible as it may become difficult to keep up with snow removal. The strong winds may also result in minor damage and sporadic power outages. Strong winds gusting over 40 mph will continue through early Friday, resulting in continued blowing and drifting snow. Wind Chill values will plummet to near zero by early Friday morning.

it's funny watching old taped christmas specials and seeing the whole state in winter storm or blizzard warnings, then looking outside and seeing grass...

still waiting for it

Dh is worried about the winds. He did say that tomorrow when I am suppose to drive dd and ds to school (2 hour difference in start times for them) The winds are going to bad--the snow will have stopped but the wind will be icky!!
He does not think school will be cancelled--he is more worried about tonight and the winds tonight--
Please be careful out there--(we have a pack meeting tonight for scouts--he wanted it cancelled the cub master said No--so hoping it will wait until we get home--we only have to go a mile!!)

Sounds like my dad.

AWFUL VICIOUS looking here now....DS is at the gym and dh is out working.

Waukegan has a 2 hour late opening as of now. (schools)

Do you have to pick up Adil from the gym? Is it close?

DH is on his way home from Wheeling.............he called a few minutes ago and was just passing Lamb's Farm.

Stay safe guys! I saw some clips on the news about the blizzard and it looks really bad. We're supposed to get some crazy winds overnight into tomorrow morning and about 2" of rain.

No, I don't want to trade. :giggles:

Back