What's new

Costco membership

annagirl

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one? Just debating if I should get one or not. My van needs new tires.

I don't have been debating - we have a new one here and their gas is way cheaper (not sure how long that will last)

Anyone have one? Just debating if I should get one or not. My van needs new tires.

I have one. I did better at Discount Tire, they match ANY price (sez so right in the giant sign in their window).

The only thing I buy at Costco is precooked Hormel bacon and 10lb bags of Perdue chicken breasts. Sometimes in the summer I will get cases of water and gatorade there if there are no super grocery store deals.

We used to shop there a lot for meat & stuff but the economy is preventing that now.

You have to be careful because it is REALLY easy to spend so much money on a shopping trip. There's a really big shopping cart and it's easy to keep tossing stuff in there.

Like Kathy said you can find better deals at the store if you watch. If you don't have lots of time to shop, the prices are good.

They take cash, debit cards and american express only.

I love Costco!
I get their version of Claritin $12ish for 365 tablets, organic eggs, whipped cream...
Many of their generic meds are VERY reasonable.

Personally I found that I am much better off looking for deals and using coupons than shopping at costco. I also don't like buying in such large quantities. Although you can find alot of good values for your money, there's really not that many "bargains". I haven't priced the gas (that may be reason enough to join), but things are really tight for me now financially so I didn't renew my membership.

We debated getting the membership for awhile. Then we decided to get it when they were doing a promo. We got the premier membership for $125 for the year but because we got their Am Express account we had $75 credited back to our card in the 2nd month after starting our membership. Then you are supposed to earn back $ depending how much you spend during a calendar year and they cut you a check in Feb based on that??? Anyone else who is a member know about this part of the deal? That part is a little confusing to me. AFter 1 year, we aren't sure what we will do, but we most definitely switch to the regular membership.

We debated getting the membership for awhile. Then we decided to get it when they were doing a promo. We got the premier membership for $125 for the year but because we got their Am Express account we had $75 credited back to our card in the 2nd month after starting our membership. Then you are supposed to earn back $ depending how much you spend during a calendar year and they cut you a check in Feb based on that??? Anyone else who is a member know about this part of the deal? That part is a little confusing to me. AFter 1 year, we aren't sure what we will do, but we most definitely switch to the regular membership.

They do cut you a check in February. If you don't "make up" the extra $50 it costs to be Executive, they will give you a refund of the $50 and put your membership back down to regular member.

We used to shop at Costco A LOT like maybe 5-6 years ago, but it is too far away for us to use the gas station and the other stuff is too expensive. The bacon is to die for though and we can't find it anywhere else.

I think this year I am gonna have my Dad just put me on his membership. My stepmom spends $500-600 a month there.

I used to have a Sam's paid by my old company. Did overlapping memberships with Costo ( closer) to see what I would like better until the Sam's ran out. It was to inconvenient to go to get the gas, wrong direction. Ended up I actually like Sam's better but still ended up cancelling both since I do better with deals elsewhere.

I always had the same stuff in my cart ( plus crap i probably did not need or intend to get) and if I can't get a deal I just go with MIL if I get a chance to Sam's.

I have one. I got a promo card in the mail a few months ago for $10 off, which made it $40. Since they give you 2 cards I signed up with my mom and we paid $20 each. I think it's worth it. There are a handful of things I always buy there. I'll probably be using it more if we don't get some deals soon!

You can go in and browse for free--just go to cs and they will issue you the temp card--I heard if you want to buy something without the membership they will just add in 10% but not sure that is true.
I love the sheet cakes for graduation parties--but that is one of the few things I buy
You can go their for pharmacy and vision without membership and without paying any mark up--Costco does not mark up any prices so it is pretty good on their prescription prices. I let my costco card expire years ago--I only renew if I need to get something for graduation parties etc
Once I had the executive membership--I didn't spend enough so they did refund the money.
I use to love to go just to get all their free samples of food. Great test tasting every day--though tiny--Oprah showed huge portions, I have never received huge portions-but it is good. Oprah loves their chix pot pie--says it is the best she has ever had.

We renewed ours again. Love the 8 grain bread we get , 3# loaf, and we have bought a bunch of the ground beef and separate and freeze at home. Fresh salmon is good too. Sometimes there are snacky things we don't see elsewhere. My pet peeve is at times you find something you like...for example, we found these peanut butter stuffed pretzels we all liked, then...poof, gone, never see them again. =/

I'm thinking about getting a membership as well. The 20percent off gift card deal is enticing to me. Also the Hormel bacon...we've had it from Sam's Club & it is really good! :giggles: How much is the bacon at Costco? I checked Sam's price online & it is $10.00.

Love Costco. Both DH and I use the Optical Department. This week I bought 365 count of Kirkland "Zertec" for $14. This will last me all year. I love the Kirkland Dishwashing Detergent. I always buy butter and milk. The fruit especially berries are really fresh and nice. They have HUGE russet potatoes. Let me see what else........

Tin Foil Sheets
Kirkland Plastic Wrap
Childrens Calcium Vitamins
Peanuts in the shell
Heavy Duty Black Garbage Bags
Rosens Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
Bakery
Frozen Chicken
Whole Bean Coffee

And at Christmas time they have good deals on toys. The closer to Christmas they start lowering the price.

I make a list and really really TRY and stick to it. That helps me stay within my budget.

I have a business membership and can have 20 people on the acct. I can add people on 2 at a time for $25 each. Its better than a paying $50 per 2 people per family. Let me know if you guys are interested. I have 6 on so far.

I'm thinking about getting a membership as well. The 20percent off gift card deal is enticing to me. Also the Hormel bacon...we've had it from Sam's Club & it is really good! :giggles: How much is the bacon at Costco? I checked Sam's price online & it is $10.00.

The bacon at Costco varies between 8.99 ans 12.99. but there's like 60 slices in there.

St charles Costco is running a deal where you get a membership for $5. Lomg story short, you buy the $100 membership (they guarantee you will get the $50 back in the difference of the membership price thru the extra discount when using AMEX??), you get $20 in Costco cash and a $25 credit on your AMEX card. Have to sign up for an AMEX card. I think this is the deal..my DH was the one that called. We went to sign up but got there after closing. For $5 I will do the membership just for the cheaper gas and I like there photo dept.

Back