What's new

Couponing and our kids--the influence we have--

As for now, DS will not purchase clothing with his own money that can be bought at Kohls and will ask me to get some $5 coupons from "that reporter lady", wait for a 30% off and Kohls Cash and will proudly go combine 10 receipts to get his Kohls cash :lol:[/QUOTE]

You have taught him well. I think once any child learns how much more their money will go with the use of coupons the easier their lives will be in the future. They start to learn the value of a dollar but the value of that $1 coupon to get something for free is even more powerful.

We could take it a step further and say he isn't drinking but buying cases (having them bought) and selling them for $1-2 per bottle/can. :lol:

(to others that are of legal drinking age of course :lol:)

I did that in college with soda. NU was a Pepsi-only campus and I used to buy 12 packs of Coke products and sell them out of my room, which was conveniently across the hall from the Pepsi machine. I even kept them cold in my mini-fridge. I made a tidy profit from students too lazy to walk to the Osco two blocks away.

Now DS5 frequently asks if I have a coupon so he can have something at the store. If I don't want to buy it, then alas, we have no coupon that day.

Back