What's new

Crockpot Cooking:

had to share this one we had last night. Really easy and :drool:

Bar-b-q Beef Crockpot

1 beef roast 3.5- 5 lbs (top round, sirloin tip, etc.)
1 large onion chopped
1 large green pepper chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbl chilli powder
2 tbl lemon juice if you have it
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons worcestershire
1 teaspoon mustard

Put beef in crock pot. Mix all other ingredients and pour over roast. Cook on low about 8-9 hours, shred before serving. Serve on nice rolls.

Kids and DH loved this. Interesting enough for DH but not too spicy/saucy for the picky eaters in the crowd.

Right now I am making no boil stuffed shells in the crockpot.

Quart already made spaghetti sauce with meat (leftover from the other night)
Uncooked big shells
1 can tomato sauce
1 can water
container ricotta
2 eggs
Greek oregano (home grown)
1 cup parmesian cheese

Spray 5qt with cooking oil
2-3 cups sauce (mix sauce with tomato sauce and can of water) on bottom
Mix cheese, ricotta, eggs, oregano in large zip bag.
Clip end off bag and pipe filling into shells. You will use about 1/2 the box of shells.
Lay shells one by one on bottom (on top of sauce). You can also stack them no more than two shells high.
Pour remaining sauce overtop
Cover cook on high for 3 hours.

Right now I am making no boil stuffed shells in the crockpot.

Quart already made spaghetti sauce with meat (leftover from the other night)
Uncooked big shells
1 can tomato sauce
1 can water
container ricotta
2 eggs
Greek oregano (home grown)
1 cup parmesian cheese

Spray 5qt with cooking oil
2-3 cups sauce (mix sauce with tomato sauce and can of water) on bottom
Mix cheese, ricotta, eggs, oregano in large zip bag.
Clip end off bag and pipe filling into shells. You will use about 1/2 the box of shells.
Lay shells one by one on bottom (on top of sauce). You can also stack them no more than two shells high.
Pour remaining sauce overtop
Cover cook on high for 3 hours.

How did this turn out?

It turned out great. Kind of like lasagna. I scoop them out in a big scoop so it isn't as beautiful as shells alone but they cook and taste just fine.

I made a whole chicken last week in crockpot...delicious, added some water to the left over bones and meat scraps and am now cooking it on slow to make a broth and added some breast meat, i will strain it and cut up the meat and make some chicken noodle soup tonight for tomorrow.

I have found that a whole chicken in the crockpot didn't come out as "roasted" in flavor as I like, so I've taken to buying a rotisserie chicken precooked from costco and using that in the crockpot (shredded meat etc) for soups.

I have found that a whole chicken in the crockpot didn't come out as "roasted" in flavor as I like, so I've taken to buying a rotisserie chicken precooked from costco and using that in the crockpot (shredded meat etc) for soups.

If you broil it at the end, the skin is more crispy. Also, you want to put balls of foil at the bottom of the pot and put the chicken on top of it. I find that helpful with roasting in the crockpot.

Question:
many recipies call for browning/searing the meat before putting it in the crock pot.
can this be done the night before?

I always brown/sear the night before. I put the entire recipe together in the crock, leave in the fridge overnight, then put it on before work. I don't have a lot of time in the morning and this has always worked fine for me.

This sounds quick and easy annagirl. I printed and intend to make it this weekend. I'd make it tomorrow, but I need to buy the rice.

I made it tonight and it was YUMMY!! I used tomatoes instead of corn and we loved it! Thanks for posting it!!!

I am always looking for new receipes ~ I will need to try this

Back