Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
2lbs blsl boobs
1 whole pineapple chunked or 2 cans of whatever style pineapple
2-3 navel oranges or 4-6 clementines peeled and cut into chunks
2 green/red/yellow pepper, cut in large chunks
1 large onion cut in large chunks
1 can (drained & rinsed) or 6oz frozen (no need to thaw) edamame beans or limas or favas or whatever beans you have
1 whole head of fresh sliced garlic or 1 tablespoon of crushed/minced
1 tsp dry ground ginger or microplane about 2 inches of fresh ginger
1 cup of orange juice UNLESS you used canned pineapple, then just 1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 4 Tien Tsin chilies (remove whole chiles before serving)

Put all that stuff into a crockpot and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 3 hours. The boobs will fall apart after that cooking time, no need to slice them. Serve over rice.

Yummy!

After reading the PF Changs home menu label of the orange chicken (SODIUM) I had last night for dinner and for lunch today I may try this. I removed at least 5 frozen chunks of sauce before heating it in the skillet and it was still over sauced.

Picked up my first crockpot for $5 from Goodwill and haven't shopped for food to try it out yet!

I am trying this tomorrow for dinner. Dont have any crushed red pepper flakes, might try using a little cayenne instead?

I'm making this today, and it's smelling very good! Thanks for the recipe! (I left out the beans because I didn't have any, and not going out in the cold just for that - lol) Gonna serve it over brown rice.

I'm making this today, and it's smelling very good! Thanks for the recipe! (I left out the beans because I didn't have any, and not going out in the cold just for that - lol) Gonna serve it over brown rice.

Fyi...I made this the other day and 10 hours was way too long...had to toss it. I was not home to check on it =[

I updated the directions Cari, I am always home to babysit it & just guessed at cooking time ;)

I updated the directions Cari, I am always home to babysit it & just guessed at cooking time ;)

I normally am too....Had a Drs appointment for the kids and it ran late (it was also the day we got hit with all that snow). The chicken was Brown =(...I thought maybe it was because of all the pineapple juice....nope...DRY.

I am going to try it again because it looked and smelled SO GOOD!!!

Back