What's new

Darts

Grumpy

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Do we have any followers of darts here?

If you follow darts, let us know your favourite darts players and what tournaments you watch! :)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't know darts were a sport until I read about them just today! Living in a 3rd world country means we only have 1 main sport and 3-4 secondary sports people follow. The rest are completely unknown - therefore, we don't have any darts players in here.

However, it's sure fun playing yourself! I can never hit the red spot though :p

I don't follow it, but I enjoy playing darts during a night of drinking and poker with my friends. We don't meet up and go out as much as I'd like, but we do what we can.

Do either of you follow live darts events on television or know of any professional dart player who you've watched in the past or heard about?

Hey big fan of Darts, although I have not watched too much since the world championships.

My favourite players:

Dennis Priestley (met him as a kid, legend!)
Mark Webster
and Jan Dekker on BDO.

Loved both the BDO and PDC world championships, need to catch up on some darts news. Got no idea what's been going on recently!

Hey big fan of Darts, although I have not watched too much since the world championships.

My favourite players:

Dennis Priestley (met him as a kid, legend!)
Mark Webster
and Jan Dekker on BDO.

Loved both the BDO and PDC world championships, need to catch up on some darts news. Got no idea what's been going on recently!

Dennis "The Menace" Priestley!

Indeed, he is a legend of darts. Doesn't play so much now as he's getting on a bit but he's still usually there at the big tournaments with the rest of the old-timers!

Glad there's a fellow darts fan around here!

I've never watched any darts events on television. Does ESPN or some other network broadcast them?

I've never watched any darts events on television. Does ESPN or some other network broadcast them?

I'm not aware of ESPN broadcasting any darts matches, but I know that BBC and Sky Sports 1 & 2 regularly broadcast darts matches. :)

Do we have any followers of darts here?

If you follow darts, let us know your favourite darts players and what tournaments you watch! :)

I never watched darts on television. I did not know that they even show that on television. I used to play dart on a regular basis, when I was younger. I still play but on occasions.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't know darts were a sport until I read about them just today! Living in a 3rd world country means we only have 1 main sport and 3-4 secondary sports people follow. The rest are completely unknown - therefore, we don't have any darts players in here.

However, it's sure fun playing yourself! I can never hit the red spot though :p

I totally agree with you! 3rd world country? Which one? Is it Romania? :)))

PS. That red spot is the devil!

Darts - Those guys are true athletes... a pint, ciggy and a packet of pork scratchings in the Fox & Stork for Saturday Darts League. Okay step out the back for a ciggy... I tell you some of those old timers in the pub on a Saturday could probably rub shoulders with the pro's.

Darts - Those guys are true athletes... a pint, ciggy and a packet of pork scratchings in the Fox & Stork for Saturday Darts League. Okay step out the back for a ciggy... I tell you some of those old timers in the pub on a Saturday could probably rub shoulders with the pro's.

In the past maybe when a good average was 85-90.

Now the scoring is just mental 100+ . Floor tournaments (ones that are not on telly - less pressure/heat - there are some mental averages!)

Dennis "The Menace" Priestley!

Indeed, he is a legend of darts. Doesn't play so much now as he's getting on a bit but he's still usually there at the big tournaments with the rest of the old-timers!

Glad there's a fellow darts fan around here!

He is indeed, remember him winning his first title on telly. When I lived in his neighbourhood it was quite easy to meet him in the local!

My cousin whos a decent dart player had a few games with him and I did the scoring. He laughed when he found out I was cheating, but still won!!

LOL does anyone really think darts is a legitimate sport we should be discussing? It seems more like a skill than a sport. Where is the athleticism?

I don't follow darts regularly on tv, I just watched until I understood the rules, and now I use to get togheter with my buddies and some beers, and play like crazy :)

I remember this one Cheap Seats episode where they made fun of some guys in a Darts Tourney. Id probably watch it if they still aired that stuff on ESPN. I've watched those Strong Man competitions before,k just because they were on.

If a guy carrying a giant slab on concrete shaped like Africa can be considered as being a sport, I don't see why darts are any different.

I do not follow darts, i do not find it appealing. But just because i do not follow them do not mean i don't like them. I love to play darts, a good way to spend some time having some barbeque and beer.

In the past maybe when a good average was 85-90.

Now the scoring is just mental 100+ . Floor tournaments (ones that are not on telly - less pressure/heat - there are some mental averages!)

Crazy when you see the 180's in the pub!

Back