What's new

Daytime TV

G

Good show, Mrsd.

mrsd607 said:
Have you ever heard of or seen a TV show called "Starting Over"? We get it here on NBC. It's all about 6 women who have faced "perilous challenges" in their lives (i.e "My sister hates me". "My father's in jail". "I'm fat") and live together in a type of sorority house with 2 "life coaches". Makes you want to vomit. :icon_puke They sit around crying and sobbing and feeling so sorry for themselves. Every time they attain a goal set by their coach (going to the store by themselves; confronting their mother about giving their used prom dresses to their younger sisters) they celebrate by crying and sobbing some more and (my favorite part) the Group Hug. Yuck. Here's my version of "life coach" - Shut your wailing mouths, get off your sorry asses and deal with it just like the rest of us. My theory is that the makers of Zoloft and Prozac are behind this one... no WONDER young people these days (oh, MAN - did I just say that? Now I sound like my Mother...:laughing7 ) don't know what it's like to work and carry responsibility - they have this crap shoved down their throats. Jerry Springer - I apologize for calling you the worst show on TV...,..

I think this is a positive show. It deals with over-coming certain obstacles and reaching a goal. Not everyone is a self-determined individual who can get up after a fall, brush themselves off and carry on laughing.

You reference Zoloft and Prozac, well some people have a chemical imbalance and they do need medication to deal with this imbalance. I believe more positive shows should be aired. It certainly beats the "Amazing Race" or "Fear Factor". Some people may actually become inspired watching shows like "Starting Over". You never know if there is just one person who may turn that show on and see herself in a like situation.

What do you think of Chicken Soup for the Soul. Too silly as well? Just curious and in no way bashing your opinion of the program. I think the show has a positive spin and you don't. We agree to disagree. And like Martha says:"That's a good thing"!

Hey try living for 16 years watching nothing but Oprah and soap operas eveyday and every hour on the hour.:BangHead: :die: :cussing:

I wish I could go to the General Hopsital place and set it on fire! BURN YOU SPAWN FROM HELL BURN!!!!!!!:violent5:

I never watched soaps - ever! I know people who live for it and talk like they know the actors personally (or should I say the characters the actors portray).

I enjoy shows like "City Confidential" and "American Justice" in the day time.

SISTER_KATE said:
I never watched soaps - ever! I know people who live for it and talk like they know the actors personally (or should I say the characters the actors portray).

I enjoy shows like "City Confidential" and "American Justice" in the day time.

City Confidential is a really great show and American Justice the best show on A&E.

A&E has many good true crime shows. I watch it daily. Cold Case Files is another good one as well, "Another 48"

Back