What's new

Definition of a rice rocket

Originally posted by Manex

Pedestrian - will you stop spamming? many of your posts are 5 word posts saying nothing.

this post is not needed. if you do not know what the thread is about...then either READ it......or do not post!

WTF ur a fine one to talk with ur 'Resorceful posts' jerk.

Ne who i've just found of that my friend has a nice Nissan Supra Rice rocket car thingy. he said it to me a couple of days ago.. now it rings a bell.

well i personally think the supra is nice by itself, i dont know why people would want to junk it up. and for god's sake pedestrian, supra is made by TOYOTA :rollseyes

d2alio, i understand what you all are talking about. i dont mind when people **** money to their cars to make it look pretty, but when they start to think that their car is fast because it has some ground effects or big rims, that's dumb. and i dont understand why people spend all that **** money on a cheap car when they could use it to get a nice one

supra's actually use to be pretty good cars... they were sort of the elite of the japanese ricers that actually came with more of a traditional american muscle look and ACTUAL horsepower...

the thing that itches me about ricers and their fans is that ultimately these people know next to nothing about cars... heck, most people that build ricers don't even build the car themselves... they just spit out $20,000 for a body kit, send it to a shop and pick it up later thinking they know what a car is and that their car is fast because of how it looks... :rofl:

Originally posted by Pedestrian
Ne who i've just found of that my friend has a nice Nissan Supra Rice rocket car thingy. he said it to me a couple of days ago.. now it rings a bell.

I didnt know Nissan made a Supra!

Toyota supras can be pretty nice...and fast, if tuned corrextly...true

You know, I think i found a car that comes stock as an aftermarket rice rocket that justifies my point: The Acura NSX... this car is retailed at like $85,000, but only has a 3.2 Liter (wow... a 'low' 3.2) V-6 (yes, I said a V6 engine for an $85,000 car) with 250horsepower. The rest of it is pretty much standard luxuy acura equipment both inside and out (the top of the line acura still only would go for about $30,000). So, what makes Acura think this car is worth the buck seeing as how it lacks everything that would make it worth this much?

It's got a fuel injection system... wow! *sarcasm* but that goes to show you how much rice rocketers spend on their cars for absolutely nothing more than a stock engine that can't produce any real power...

lmao yea... as a friend of mine said, 'a rice rocket is any car that's japanese'... but if you actually have a lot of horse power and is a jap car then you're just a really fast car :p

A rice rocket is a car that, first of all, is not meant to go fast in the first place (i.e. Civic, Teggies, etc...) and 'modding' them with visuals that they think make it look better. This is to mock a performance vehicle, when really, it is just a slow car with visuals to make it look sporty (i.e. Coffee cup ****ler, big spoiler, underbody lights, etc...).

A rice rocket, is essentially, a "poser" car. It is trying to mock the visual aspects of a sporty look to make the car appear high performance, when really, it's all looks. Appearance vs. Performance, a performance car isn't rice, a car that is just appearance and no performance is a rice rocket.

Oh, and about that "what if" question presented earlier in this thread about a 650HP civic, here's one that is 500HP in a video, download at this link (right click and save as):

http://wam.umd.edu/~ryalavi/99VR4vsGSRTurbo.mpg

Originally posted by bada§§buddy
lmao yea... as a friend of mine said, 'a rice rocket is any car that's japanese'... but if you actually have a lot of horse power and is a jap car then you're just a really fast car :p
Lol, one of my friends is the same way. What a coincidence.

He insists that my stock 320HP, Twin Turbo 3000GT VR4 is a rice burner because it is made in Japan. :rollseyes

He's the type that can't accept the fact he is dead wrong though, so I just dropped arguing with him.

well i think the term 'rice rocket' means its japanese because of the 'rice' part...but then again, if you put some real horse power in that car you aren't a rice rocket... you just got a fast car... all that NOS and crap though is gay

holy crap nitron, those dudes go to my school, i know exactly what street they're on

i'm so embarassed :whomped:

Originally posted by GINA
holy crap nitron, those dudes go to my school, i know exactly what street they're on

i'm so embarassed :whomped:
Say what? 0_o

You mean in the video?

College Park, Maryland :delight: .

yeah man, college park has plenty of those idiots
do you go to UMD?

uh, getting back on topic...here's a definition for a rice boy/rice rocket:

"Rice-Boy is a stereotype. The typical Rice-Boy can be identified by his car, or rather what he does to it. Generally, Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast (typically a Honda Civic), and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip.

Most Rice-Boy cars (or "Rice Rockets") have the usual complement of stickers proudly displaying features that the car might or might not have, most notably, the Honda VTEC sticker from the later model Preludes, and the plaques from the later model Integras.

Rice-Boys do not exclusively drive Japanese cars. There are quite a few fake Mustang '5.0's and Camaro Z28's out there, as well as quite a few strange looking Neons."

* (taken from www.riceboypage.com)

Originally posted by GINA
yeah man, college park has plenty of those idiots
do you go to UMD?

uh, getting back on topic...here's a definition for a rice boy/rice rocket:

"Rice-Boy is a stereotype. The typical Rice-Boy can be identified by his car, or rather what he does to it. Generally, Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast (typically a Honda Civic), and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip.

Most Rice-Boy cars (or "Rice Rockets") have the usual complement of stickers proudly displaying features that the car might or might not have, most notably, the Honda VTEC sticker from the later model Preludes, and the plaques from the later model Integras.

Rice-Boys do not exclusively drive Japanese cars. There are quite a few fake Mustang '5.0's and Camaro Z28's out there, as well as quite a few strange looking Neons."

* (taken from www.riceboypage.com)
No, I just know them from online.

Go to www.3si.org and PM the name StreetRacer, his name is Ryan. He's the owner of the black 3000GT.

IGn recently published a car guide fromt he Fast of tne Furious, including car stats of both the rice genre and the limited muscle from the films... since rice boys LOVE fast and the furious, i figure they should read this because if you notice, the muscle car listed at the end would kick butt against all of those other 'super cars' *lmao* ... just read it people

http://cars.ign.com/articles/422/422700p1.html

Originally posted by d2alio
haha i think this will be an interesting topic sort of... basically, i'm more or less just asking what everyone's definition of a rice rocket is... some people just say a honda stock is a rice, whereas other say a rice rocket is a honda with body kits, etc. and then a stock engine...

personally, I'd probably go with the latter. Any car in its default stage can't really be considered a ricer, not until more work is spent on the body and you still only have a whopping 120mph (sarcasm on the 'whopping') stock engine under the hood.

OR, once you start putting in performance enhancers (NOS, etc.) over actual horsepower you have officially created a ricer.

one thing I dont get though: WHO THE FREAK LIKES THE SOUND OF RICE ROCKETS!?!?!?! it sounds like a supercharged weedwacker when they put those gay ****ler's on there... i mean... who really enjoys that sound? I have a weedwacker that sounds just like it :)

i hate the sound too very crappy IMO

this thread was more than a month old, please don't resurrect old topics

why not?

is it against the rules somehow? ya i think not..

I wouldn't talk to a smod like that, if I were you :|

Dameon- I saw that thing on IGN too.

Am I the only one really confused about this? ;p

could someone explain this to a person which only knows 3 parts of a car.

Doors, Wheels, headlights

:p

Originally posted by codePhoenix
I wouldn't talk to a smod like that, if I were you :|

Dameon- I saw that thing on IGN too.

im not breaking any rules so it shouldnt be a problem...i was just contributing to a thread that i had not previously gotten the chance to post in...thats all

Back