What's new

Definition of Sports

Sportsfan

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What is your definition if what is a sport and what is not?
For example, would you consider dancing, cheerleading, bowling, or chess a sport?

My definition would be, the one which involves more physical work.

my definition would be if it has teams and requires talent and practice it should be considered a sport.

my definition, if it involves phyical excercise ie raises your CV rate

any type of activity you use either one of your brain or body LOL

A sport is including the movement of two are more persons with the same interests.

An activity in which an above average physical ability is required.

I played football up till about 2 years ago and my injury :) . Now I can't play like I use too. I been playing a little Basketball but have to watch that i don't over do it.

I played soccer for 16 years but I can't do it anymore. Also because of injuries lol. Thinking about taking up some other sports though...or rather I want to take up another sport...but I'm not sure what to try to where to find it. The hardest part of playing sports I've found is finding adult leagues.

Frost said:
I played soccer for 16 years but I can't do it anymore. Also because of injuries lol. Thinking about taking up some other sports though...or rather I want to take up another sport...but I'm not sure what to try to where to find it. The hardest part of playing sports I've found is finding adult leagues.
Softball is always a good way to go when it comes to adult leagues I belonged to one in Philly and down hear.

Softball is too much twisting for me. They're looking at my left rotator cuff right now. I have no strength in my left arm right now. I can't even support myself to do a push up.

Frost said:
Softball is too much twisting for me. They're looking at my left rotator cuff right now. I have no strength in my left arm right now. I can't even support myself to do a push up.
Yeah My left arm is like that but from the nerve damage that was done during my accident. Though I work it out a little everyday.

I boxed nearly every day from age 12-18, terrorizing the bantamweight and featherweight divisions in the process. (hence my ring nickname el terrible/tim the terrible)

Gosh I miss it all! The training, that new glove smell, the rhythmic speed bag, clobbering someone with a great body shot, I even miss getting punched in my big dumb head and bleeding all over the place. It sounds weird I know, but I just can't explain it. I was very close to fighting the 125 pound champ and was going to knocked him the F out :punch: :dead: , but life had other plans that sidetracked and ended my boxing career.

I still dream about it...walking back into the ring, back into the gym as if I never left....lacing up my Cleto Reyes gloves to train like an animal. Those were the days. I look back fondly.

I play Tennis, Golf, Skiing, and some more others. I might try Polo and sailing. I would try Jai Alai ( Anyone else speak French. I also speak Japanese ) but it's waaaay too dangerous! Imagine a hard ball going 100 MPH and the team expects you to catch it. If you get hit with that, it will feel like a small car smashing into your leg. Hopefully the leg. anywhere else, the bones would probably break.

Back