What's new

Derek Fisher not with Rockets

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Derek Fisher, who was traded to the Houston Rockets from the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, was not with the Rockets Saturday for their game against the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.

Maybe he was injured?

Nope, I don't think he's injured. He really doesn't feel to be with the Rockets, and I think he wants a buyout from them. I felt sad for Fisher being traded to the Rockets.

It's normal for a new player not to play the first 1 or 2 games. He has to fit into the system with a few practices before he gets on court with them.

This looks like it will lead to retirement for fisher. He was a great pro and a good person from all accounts I have read.

I really liked fisher we still know that he is a really good player and was a pretty good point guard. But maybe fisher was probably injured that game.

It's normal for a new player not to play the first 1 or 2 games. He has to fit into the system with a few practices before he gets on court with them.
Except the Coach hasn't seen the guy yet. Fish would probably like to retire before playing for anyone but the Lakers at this point in his career.It sucks for the Rockets, unless they had little to no intentions of using him.:confused:

This guy is completely done. He's clutch, but that's all about what's going for him right now. I know he can't go back to LA, but another contending team may have use for him, especially down the stretch. I can sort of see him signing with Miami for the 4th quarter presence in the playoffs.

It was very unfortunate for Fisher to be traded to the Rockets. I feel like we're going to see him retire real soon; Fisher plus the Rockets together- I really was not expecting that.

Back