What's new

Die Cutting Machines

Confused... like scrapbooking crapola??

Confused... like scrapbooking crapola??

Me too... but if it's scrapbooking I have a cricut expressions. I don't really scrapbook much but use it alot at work and make homemade games for kids. Super easy to use!

My mom gave me her old cricut when she upgraded for my birthday. However she failed to give me the cartrige or mat that came with it. She kept it. Didn't find that out until I went to use it. So I can't offer an opionion other than investing $50+ in it isn't on the top of my priority list right now.

get a cricuit expression--good deal for size--THEN do not buy cartridges--get teh software so you can use any TTF--I have a wishblade that I have used for 4 years--as soon as I have some "extra" --LOL--money I am getting an expression

I use my wishblade nowadays more for kids projects and cutting vinyl for windows and walls

get a cricuit expression--good deal for size--THEN do not buy cartridges--get teh software so you can use any TTF--I have a wishblade that I have used for 4 years--as soon as I have some "extra" --LOL--money I am getting an expression
What software? I think the expression is the one my mom gave me. I didnt' realize there was anything besides cartriges. Oh...and what's TTF?

ttf=true type fonts

which is most fonts that you would use or download--includes ding fonts

if your mom "upgraded" then SHE most likely has the expression ( 12 cutting bed)

This is too wierd! I just came on here to ask if anyone had the Cricut machine! I have the Cricut Expression and really like it. Georgie - I would advise getting the larger one - you can do so much more with the 12x12.

I also bake and decorate cakes and have been looking at the Cricut Cake machine. I am not shelling out another $350 to buy the machine just for cakes! I was wondering if anyone has it (or either machine) and knows if you can use the regular machine with the cake stuff. Of course, I would buy the mat, blades, etc that are just for the cake decorating and only use it for that (sanitation comes first!). Any input would be appreciated - I like to get advise from those I know I can trust.:smile:

well cricut came out with the cricut cake because so many people were using their regular machine to cut fondant

ps MY super wal mart has the expression for only 190.00--I want it to go down ONE more time and I am all over it!

Thanks all. DD20 will be getting married 12/24/12 and she was asking how to do elegant, but inexpensive decor and invitations, etc. I've been wanting to get one for a long time, but never made it a priority. I may have to now. Plus the little guy is starting school this year, so it would be good to have in the house for the projects I know are to come.

The Expressions was the one I was looking at... Anybody ever buy cartridges on Ebay or anything? What materials can you cut with the Cricut? I had looked a few years ago at some machines... Can you do fabric... Like silk? I saw the cake decorating one to. Thought it was pretty cool.

I've gotten cartridges on ebay or BigLots, a few from Michaels, and swap back and forth with friends. There are different blades and sized mats but it is super easy to use.

Yes, can cut frabric (never done it!) your should check their website
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/

Thanks all. DD20 will be getting married 12/24/12 and she was asking how to do elegant, but inexpensive decor and invitations, etc. I've been wanting to get one for a long time, but never made it a priority. I may have to now. Plus the little guy is starting school this year, so it would be good to have in the house for the projects I know are to come.

The Expressions was the one I was looking at... Anybody ever buy cartridges on Ebay or anything? What materials can you cut with the Cricut? I had looked a few years ago at some machines... Can you do fabric... Like silk? I saw the cake decorating one to. Thought it was pretty cool.

Yes, I have bought cartridges on Ebay and have not had a problem at all. I have never cut fabric but I have read you can. I have cut all kinds of paper though - from the really cheap, really thin stuff to the nice thick Stampin' Up cardstock. You just have to adjust your blade.

Back