What's new

Disc vs Online

Mini Maul

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Disc vs Online
Do you prefer to Buy a CD/Cassette/Vinyl or Buy Online (Via iTunes/Amazon)

Being a new age is here and the internet now gives you the options to actually buy and play the music instantly after your bought it.
Do you still go and buy Albums or Single tracks at the store?
Or do you prefer to buy online?
Or do you prefer to simply stream and now buy anymore using something like Spotify/Pandora?

---

I personally like having a hard copy of something, whether it be a game or a Music CD, I have bougth a lot of music online though,
It is very convenient[/size]!
What was the last CD everyone bought? And was it a physical copy or a Online copy?

Personally I enjoy online more because like you mentioned "pandora" and "spotify". I use both of these more than disc because they give me a wide variety of different genres and artist.

I actually have thrown out all of my cds (after ripping them to my computer of course) and I only buy music online via iTunes. I find it's so much better this way. I can buy as much music as I'd like and not have to worry about taking up room in the house. Plus, you never have to worry about getting it scratched like you do with CD's. I've read a bunch of articles predicting that there will be no more CD's in the next 3 - 5 years.

Online. The time of the Disc is long gone, and we can all admit it's more practical to get things online than carrying a load of discs around :D

It has been a long time since I've touched cassette tapes. I remember when certain songs would fade out because I played the tapes so often. lol

Nowadays I just steam online via Spotify for music. When certain songs/artists/bands are not available on Spotify then I will look for their CD.

When it comes to music, I get most of it digitally unless I really love the album.
When it comes to games I prefer physical copies, unless it's PC because for PC you almost have to get everything digitally.

I think most people nowadays prefer to buy their music online rather than on CDs. I'm sure there are some people that still buy them but not me. It's so much easier to buy it in MP3 format online as you can transfer it to all your devices.

Back