What's new

Disk ripping programs

Skid Rowe

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered many times before. I did a search, but couldn't find a thread that answered what I wanted, so bear with me if this has been asked before.

I'm currently using the KJ Rip-N-Zip programs to zip my disks. Most of the disks rip O-K, but ocassionally I still get scrambled lyrics on the screen during my shows. (Even with brand new disks). Does any one have a preference that might be better than the KJ Rip-N-Zip. (I guess you get what you pay for. The program was only like $5.00).

Thanks in advance. :confusedpill:

Skid Rowe said:
I'm sure this has been covered many times before. I did a search, but couldn't find a thread that answered what I wanted, so bear with me if this has been asked before.

I'm currently using the KJ Rip-N-Zip programs to zip my disks. Most of the disks rip O-K, but ocassionally I still get scrambled lyrics on the screen during my shows. (Even with brand new disks). Does any one have a preference that might be better than the KJ Rip-N-Zip. (I guess you get what you pay for. The program was only like $5.00).

Thanks in advance. :confusedpill:

It's more likely the drive and/or the speed you are using to rip them with.

power cdg is what we use when we have a problem with rip-n-zip...we used to have this problem quite a bit and found it was our drive...once replaced it has only happened 1 time

I'm using an older HP8300 drive. I always worked fine with the Golden Hawk program. The disks seem to rip at real time speed. It take forever to run a disk. The other drive is the newer HP DVD recorder that came with the computer. I've never used that one. Maybe I should switch.

Speaking of ripping, I am so happy I figured how to rip my cassette tapes. I had alot of older metal demos that were impossible to replace on CD. I made my day!

I've used them all from Audiograbber to Rip n zip and hands down Power CDG Burner is the best... zero graphical errors no matter what brand of drive I use.

CD+GRip from the makers of Compuhost comes out almost as clean most of the time but PowerKaraoke CD+G Burner does come out cleaner than all the rest.

I also use Power CD+G. I've use a lot of the others in the past as well, but this one seems to work the best with the least amount of errors.

Yup, Power. Audiograbber lets me rip most of the MediaCloq discs, but aside from that i prefer the rips from Power

If you have a bunch of discs to rip and multiple drives, Tricerasoft's CDG Ripper 2 is nice because it is the only one I know of that will allow multiple instances of itself to run at the same time. Rip 4 discs or more at the same time if your memory & processor will handle it!

AudioGrabber allows multiple instances... I set up a tower with 6 cd drives and rip 6 simultaneously while using other systems with single drives to rip up to 10 at a time. I agree that PowerKaraoke's ripper seems to produce the best quality and the speed is comparable to AudioGrabber. The CDGRip program that comes with Compuhost seems very slow in comparison.

i used to have a proper cd+g certified drive and had no problems with compuhost, which i used because i have their book software and it will also add songs directly. once the drivedied i had all sorts of problems. noww i use power cdg, butit still doesn't work with the drive on my computer, but it works fantastic with my lapto *shrug*

I switched from ripping my disks on my desk top computer, to ripping them on my show computer. Everything works fine now. Must have been the older HP harddrive.

Back