What's new

Dislike on facebook: should they add it?

cpvr

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised Facebook has never introduced a "Dislike" button for posts and such. I find it strange how they have "like" but no "dislike". Youtube has both of them, and really it helps you figure out what posts are real good, and which ones suck.

So, would you support this feature? Or are you against it?

Hah, that's been getting asked forever.

I doubt they will and almost don't want them to :) I think I would use it and then regret it a lot.

A ot of people want it so I don't see why they won't just break down and add it already. What's the big deal, really? If enough of your users request a feature, you should probably listen to them and add it in as it's probably a good idea if multiple people want it. (mass majority).

I don't think it'll ever be added because it would be a negative thing to add.
Facebook should encourage people to be happy :)
+1 back on vB I had the Thanks mod installed a couple of people asked for the groan button. No dice, I'd rather accentuate the positives then have a bunch of people whining about receiving groans.

I 40%ly support that they should add it , but like gallitin said, I'm gonna regret using it also.
I stop myself everyday with the greatest restraint from puting a dislike comment on someone's post which may leads to clashing, but with the button its going to be too easy.

There are already enough features on facebook to cause disputes between friends and family, and this would not help.

I 40%ly support that they should add it , but like gallitin said, I'm gonna regret using it also.
I stop myself everyday with the greatest restraint from puting a dislike comment on someone's post which may leads to clashing, but with the button its going to be too easy.
Youtube has had it for a long time though. It helps the artists know if the fans like their new songs or not. And I think it would be a good look for the brands pushing on Facebook.

Perhaps maybe an app for Facebook could be developed for them, but I don't think it should or would be added, because Facebook is about sharing your thoughts, etc. and if you don't like their content...then you shouldn't be following them in the first place IMO

I don't know. It's forbidden in China, so I can't use it. I heard there are some paid ways (not sure how legal are they, because I didn't learn about it), but I am not going to pay for this. I think it's enough that we are paying for:
a) to buy a PC
b) to connect to the Internet
c) to host our forums/websites/blogs/whatever...
And then - pay more for Facebook??????????????? Come on?!!!! No, no and no!

Well you can dislike (Remove a like) after liking something but that doesn't equal Disliking something. I imagine FB wants to paint a rosy picture to their investors before their initial public offering so I don't expect them to implement a dislike button in the near future.

I've really started to just dislike facebook altogether the last 6 months or so..lol

I don't use it and don't intend to start. However, I don't see the logic in not having a dislike button. Disliking things is part of who you are and if you can't handle the reality that people exist who dislike the things you like then I am certain your future will be a bleak one.

Google isn't either.

That's a fairly recent development though isn't it?

I might be completely wrong, but I was under the impression that it was allowed until recently, but users still preferred to use baidu.

I don't know much about the restrictions there personally and had a little look on Google for a list of the banned sites and there's a page on Wikipedia that has a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

Back