What's new

Do animals have feelings?

Naiwen

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Firstly, do you believe animals have feelings? Might or could a male chimpanze fall for a human female? I think so.

A funny topic but don't know what to say..

Chimpanze fall for a human female ? I don't think so..They do have feelings but with their kind not with others :D

Yeah, I was reading an article about it, it had a very humourus touch.

Yeah I agree that they probably have feelings with their own kind but I doubt it with others like humans.

They do suffer from pain. They also can feel happy and excite

Depends what you mean by feelings.

Animals feel pain as much as humans so yes they have feelings.
Animals, such as dogs and cats show affection towards their owners, in a lot of cases, not all, so yes they have feelings towards humans.

Do they have feelings of love towards humans.... well I wouldn't say they do, but then no-one knows what animals are thinking so how can anyone say they do or don't.

I mean like feelings of "love, despair and sadness from losing a partner or lifemate."

Yes for me. Because when I talk to my pet's it is like they are listening. When I say STUPID dog, They look away or when they do something they look away. And when you pet them there feel Joyful and loved. So yes I believe they have feelings

The problem with this thread that makes it difficult to answer is that Naiwen said could a "male" chimpanzee fall for a human female.

I believe (some) animals can fall in love with their owners that treat them kindly and with respect. However, i find it hard to believe whether a "male" animal would fall for a human because they are "female".

GamerPerfection said:
The problem with this thread that makes it difficult to answer is that Naiwen said could a "male" chimpanzee fall for a human female.

I believe (some) animals can fall in love with their owners that treat them kindly and with respect. However, i find it hard to believe whether a "male" animal would fall for a human because they are "female".
Well, that's my question really... for a science project. Would an animal "fall in love" with their owner if say : the pet is male and the owner "a female human"?

Ms Naiwen said:
GamerPerfection said:

Well, that's my question really... for a science project. Would an animal "fall in love" with their owner if say : the pet is male and the owner "a female human"?

If treated with kindness, love and respect then the animal is likely to fall in love with it's owner, but gender I seriously doubt would have an impact on it.

Okay yeah... thanks for the answer... but i've read some strange stories about animals "taking" their owner as their "lifemates"? Would it or could it be possible?

Anything is possible. But stories can just be stories.

GamerPerfection said:
Anything is possible. But stories can just be stories.

Or nightmares and bad dreams.

I think animals can have feelings, yes; the animals that seem to have the most feelings are mammals that are raised and owned by humans (dogs and cats, for example). Those that are raised kindly and humanely will react to people more, move people more, and act in sync with humans even sometimes. They do seem to have feelings, overall.

However, upon closer examination, one notices that they are imitating their owners; they tend to adopt their owner's personalities, and become mirror images of them. Whether or not they do this consciously or by nature is unknown. The feelings that they feel are likely just what they picked up from their owners.

It seems as if the rumor that animals "take" their owner as "lifemates", or try to adapt their owner, is not as strange or unusual as it seems

Back