What's new

Do you go to the cinema

Maul

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
For me I used to go a number of times a year but nowadays it's getting really expensive for me and my partner to go. The calculations go like this:

Movie tickets: $15 NZD each so $30.
Food: About $10 NZD per combo so $20.

That's $50.

The price of Netflix is less than $20 a month NZD.

You will probably be shocked when I tell you that I have not been to the cinema to watch a movie since Austin Powers - Goldmember was in the cinema and that was a long time ago as I remember going to see it with my friends from school when we went and it cost me £2.50 to get in and watch the movie. Nowadays I think it is £8 to watch a standard movie and a little more if you want to watch in 3D or 4D and if you buy snacks and drink on top of that, it really is costly.

My eldest went to the cinema last in August I think it was to watch a movie and he took £20 with him for food at the food courts near there as they have a McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell and Subway near the cinema and also to get in to watch the movie and he almost spent all of it if not all of it.

As funny as this might sound, I have never been to the cinema before. There was one time I made plans with a friend but at the last minute we had to cancel. I just made up my mind my first time would be with my future wife

Before the coronavirus pandemic, I used to go to the movies either by myself or with my family. However, I have stopped going since the pandemic because movie ticket prices have increased significantly. I might consider going if there is a movie that is worth watching.

Back