What's new

Do you like dark or light themes?

Jason2022

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This is probably a rehash of an old thread, but oh well. It's worth hearing some new perspectives. Anyway, I like dark themes some of the time. A forum needs a makeover every once in a while.

I like dark themes, easier on the eyes but each their own as many also like light themes as well.

For me l use both of them depending on the time time of the day. Like during the day l use the light mode and dark mode during during the night time.

I like dark themes. Some light themes are OK.

It depends on the niche in many instances. For instance, childcare, ha ha, doesn't need a dark theme. Can anyone think of other bad matches?

It honestly depends. Usually I prefer dark themes, but I've also seen some really nice lighter themes.

I am someone who uses either my laptop or my phone a lot to post on forums or check websites, and because of that, I would much prefer to have the option of a dark theme so that it is easier on the eyes.

Whenever I go to a new site, the first thing I look for is a dark option.

I am someone who uses either my laptop or my phone a lot to post on forums or check websites, and because of that, I would much prefer to have the option of a dark theme so that it is easier on the eyes.

Whenever I go to a new site, the first thing I look for is a dark option.
How do you all feel about the text color on dark themes? What is best?

How do you all feel about the text color on dark themes? What is best?
I find white is the best text colour on a dark theme, it works well and it is easy on the eyes and easy to read. I don't think I have seen any site or forum use a dark theme without using white text.

I find white is the best text colour on a dark theme, it works well and it is easy on the eyes and easy to read. I don't think I have seen any site or forum use a dark theme without using white text.
Yeah, but what shade of it?

I love dark themes because they are easy on the eyes. My eyes hurt if the forum or website is bright white. I run Chrome and Fierfox in dark them and my website and diary are all dark theme too. I also think it's very important to have the option of a light theme for the people like my wife who do not like a dark theme. She says it hurts her eyes to use a dark theme.

I like light themes the most, but I also like forums that offer dark themes. Dark themes are pretty neat and I prefer browsing forums that offer them at night. They’re easier on my eyes at night and help me wind down when I have my phone in dark mode.

Back