What's new

Do you prefer male or female teachers?

Heatman

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I don't know about how other people feel towards the sex of their teachers but ever since I was a kid, I don't feel relaxed or comfortable whenever I was being taught by a male teacher. It feels like I'm under a lot of tension whenever they are in class. It's why female teachers are my favorite and I understand whatever they teach me immediately.

I always had this connection with almost all the female teachers who ever taught me, I was always the prized pupil in their classes, so we had a really good relationship. Those early experience actually helped build my confidence around the opposite gender.

I've never had a real preference but I find that female teachers can sometimes be better at teaching because of the maternal aspect of things but I've also had lots of male teachers in school that were good at their job and made the learning fun. It really depends on the teachers you get and in fairness you can get some awful teachers; male and female!

I prefer good teachers. I have a favorite Male teacher who taught me mathematics to the stage where I began learning it on my own. In the university, I had a female lecturer in one of the courses where I became the best student in his course. So, I am always open to learning from great teachers.

I don't have a preference to if a teacher is male or female. what is important to me is that they are a good teacher with the teaching ability and the knowledge to make a positive impact to students learning.

Female teachers I think are better in some respects because there is that maternal aspect to it where they are caring and supportive whereas male teachers can sometimes come across in the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I've had great male teachers and terrible female teachers. But my overall experience is female teachers tend to be better at teaching, at least at when children are at a young age anyway.

When I was in junior high, we did not have a female teacher. However, in high school and college, we had female teachers. The classes became more interesting when the teacher was a female (I am talking about a teenage boy's perspective). As an adult, I believe gender should not be the basis of any profession.

It never bothered me if I was having a male or a female teacher, I always felt relaxed around both and felt like I was safe around both a male and a female teacher if I am honest. If we ever had an issue with a specific teacher we knew we could speak to someone about it and it would be dealt with as quickly as possible. I was happy to have male and female teachers through school and college with no issues.

Truthfully speaking, I have always had an affinity to female teachers. Probably, it stems from the fact that I generally like women. I understood more and performed better when the teacher was female. That extends even to my university life. The level I had a lady as my course counselor, I got no C. I am a male though.

I don't really care. However, I will add that I had a male 5th grade teacher which was odd. It was fun, though. He was a lot of fun and not boring in style like the women.

I really prefered the female teachers. I understand most of the teachings when taught by female teachers than the others.

I don't care, so long as they are nice and willing to teach me what I need.

There are good and bad in both genders. Anyway, I haven't encountered many bad teachers, as far as being able to teach something. Well, some bad teachers in my high school were coaches and they were lazy cause they seemed to only care about sports.

Maybe because I was a person that loved women right from the start, but I did very well in subjects taught by ladies. I had my best year academically in university the year that a woman became my course counsellor. I prefer female teachers.

I love female teachers. The female teachers that I had always had that big sister relationship with me. It was easier to bond with them as a girl myself more than my male teachers.

Back