What's new

Do you think the iPhone is over priced?

iPhone 4.0 beta 3 reveals new features

Wired.co.uk said:
[img=506x211]http://cdni.wired.co.uk/674x281/w_z/wired_rotate.jpg[/img]

As any seasoned iPhone user will know, the silky smooth orientation sensor can be as frustrating as it is handy --automatically rotating photos and casually blending drab lists into coverflow easily impresses, but we've all had the headache of trying to wrangle with an article while laying down.

The iPad's already fixed that issue with a rotation lock button on the right-hand side of its chassis. But iPhone and iPod touch users won't be frustrated much longer: Apple has delivered the third beta of Apple OS 4.0 to developers, and it includes a way to lock the screen rotation to portrait mode.

Double tapping the home button will bring up the multitasking menu (which shows your currently running applications), and swiping right will reveal a page of widgets. From here you can control your music, open the iPod application and lock screen rotation.

Perhaps it'll give way to other developers being allowed to bung widget-like functionality in the multitasking pop-up, allowing you to Tweet or check the time in Tokyo without entering specific apps. Considering Apple's stringent rules on third party Apps, its unlikely at this point.

iPhone OS 4.0 is out for the latest iPhone and iPod touch models this summer, while the iPad will get its hands on it this autumn.
More Info: Click here

What do you think of the new features?

this sounds great and is a very useful feature as movement when you least want it to happen is very frustrating...looking forward to the new iphone :D

iPhone 4g taken apart

want to know whats inside the new iphone, take a look:
http://gizmodo.com/5520876/the-next-iphone-dissected

This new iPhone looks just amazing. I like it already waaaay better than the current iPhone.

they tried a different look and it worked

employees

apple's employees are not very alert and are quite lazy, one employee left the new 4g prototype at a cafe while another carelessly revealed a new apple program on twitter, what do you think?

employees

not sure what to say, but I wish I could have gotten that new Iphone :(

employees

yeah...that would have been great, but it was only a prototype so it wouldnt work

do you prefer the look of the iphone 3g or 4g

do you prefer the look of the iphone 3g or 4g?

looks

yeah, but most of us have seen the prototype already :p

looks

even after looking at the prototype i also still prefer the 3g as the 4g looks similar to the mac which is nice but doesnt suit the iphone...

4g

iphone 4g is finally officially revealed by Apple

Apple website crashes as new iPhone 4 goes on sale for pre-orders

Daily Mail said:
The iPhone 4 went on sale for pre-orders on Apple's website today.

The massive surge in demand temporarily brought Apple's website down with would-be customers greeted with and error message when they tried to order the phone.

Due to be released in the UK next Thursday, most UK networks have confirmed that they will be carrying the latest must-have from Apple.

article-0-09EF9227000005DC-580_468x299.jpg

They have all refused to confirm how much they will charge customers but Vodafone, Orange, 3 Mobile and T-Mobile are all expected to announce their pay monthly tariffs today.

Website Engadget today said it had seen a test web page from Vodafone which appeared to confirm that it will charge customers £45 a month if they want the phone for free.

A screenshot on the website, later taken down, showed that the cheapest monthly contract of £25 a month would leave the iPhone itself costing £189.

O2 are to offer the new handset on PAYG, and it is expected that the handset will cost the same as from the Apple store.

The iPhone 4 is thinner, more powerful and lighter than any of its previous incarnations.

Coated in glass front and back, the iPhone 4 has a high definition screen and will give new life to a handset that has achieved 50million sales in three years despite its high cost.

Jobs said the new-look device was the 'biggest leap' it had taken since the launch of the first iPhone.

Read more: Click here

It's going to cost about £450-£525 on Pay and Go, which is quite a lot for a phone but I think it's definitely worth it for the iPhone 4G. There was always going to be a high demand for the new iPhone as it just looks really good and the features are awesome. I would buy it if that I had much money to spend on a phone.

What do you think about this?

i would definitely buy it, too expensive though, i am just amazed at all the preorders made for it

I would only get this If I won it or through a freebie website.

I'm amazed at the rush to get it!

Back