What's new

Do you wear glasses?

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Do you wear glasses? contacts or anything to help your vision?

I'm never had glasses but as a kid I had to do some eye exercises where I'd have to focus in on a screen right in front of my eye, then a chart on the wall, then back on the screen. Doing that several times. I guess it worked, I've never had glasses.
I do have sun glasses, but rarely have them when me when they'd come in handy..lol

Yup...

My eyes got pretty bad when I was in the office all day. After a few years of being in there for at least 14 hours a day looking at a computer for 95% of the time my eyes are dead...

Yeah ... my parents (and apparently a doctor) thought I was cross-eyed, and so I've been wearing glasses since early childhood. But the glasses got weaker every time I got new ones. Nowadays, I need them mainly for increased sharpness on computer screens. :)

Been wearing glasses since the age of 17 or 18. I'm near-sighted so thank God for glasses!

I sure do! I have some cool "specs", so they look nice. I had contacts for a bit, but decided I wanted to go back to glasses a couple years ago, since they look pretty good on me- I think of them as a type of fashion accessory.
I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 years old- I sat in the back of the classroom, and was having trouble reading things on the board, which the teacher eventually noticed one day, and let my mother know. Me and mom were both somehow convinced that my eyes were fine, but she took me to an eye exam anyhow- turned out that my eyes were actually pretty bad! I cannot get away with not wearing them, as my vision is quite poor without glasses, especially with distance sight.

No, I have always had 20/20 or better vision. But, now that I have been diagnosed with diabetes, I will need to keep a closer check on it.

Have been wearing glasses for about 13 years.

I don't wear any glasses at all. Since i was young ive had very good eye sight and i can surprise people when i can see further then them.

I've always had pretty good vision. I do have an astigmatism though and am supposed to wear glasses, especially when at the computer but never bothered to get a new pair after my last pair broke.

I guess my eyes have always been bad. I went to the eye doctor to have an appointment over Christmas break my Junior year and I got contacts. It was like a whole new world. Life in HD. =p

I do have glasses though too, but I usually only wear them around the house. In the mornings and around night time when I take my contacts out.

Yes. I do. the bad thing is the the power is keep on changing every year. few years back I had -0.5 on one of my eyes. last year i had -1.00. Now i am having -1.25. I used to check my eyes once a year and correct my spex.

I have glasses. I used to not be able to see far away but the far away has gotten closer and closer to the point that this screen is a blur without my glasses.

Unfortunately, doctors say that i have to wear my glasses when I drive a car but I feel so uncomfortable with them. :( Anyway, i can see practically everything well

Yep, or contacts, depending on the activity. (Hard to wear contacts when heavy fighting or woodchipping, for example).

Without either one, I'm lucky to see six inches in front of me.

Not right now, but I'm going to get tested for reading glasses in the next couple of weeks, because I do read a lot, books, computers, virtually anything. Now I can't look at a letter for longer than less than a minute without it looking all funky and me getting a headache! I can still read after that, but it hurts my head. A lot. Which is why I say-thank god for spell check on Word, at least I can still see colourful squiggly lines easily enough.

Hi) i don't wear glasses, but i know a very good exercise for eyes, you have to select a point and concentrate your attention on it for 1 minute and relax after that)

Well I don't wear glasses but I suppose I will in the future as I sit for long hours on the computer and I'm told by many that sitting for long on the computer causes a strain.

Back