What's new

Do you work at home?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Have you ever or are you currently working from home? What is your occupation? What do you have to do as part of your job? Do you find it hard to "switch-off" and relax after work?

My parents both work from home and find it very very hard to switch off. ;_;
I'd be the opposite and find it far too easy to switch off :p

I am a part time tutor at home. I don't find it very hard to "switch off". In fact, I find the job very suitable for my lifestyle. I go to university by day and work at home by night. It's very very convenient!

Yes, I'm working as an online ESL Instructor. It's fun working at home because I am my own boss. I can do whatever I want while working, thing that I can't do in the office full of managers and supervisors. I transformed one of my rooms into office where I put my phone, computer, and printer so I can still separate work from relaxation even at home.

I am a music produce and freelance writer, this means that I work at home almost full time. I have never had a job aside from working at home, and I don't really earn much to call it a real job, but It's better than nothing I suppose. I have been quite lazy with my music production, hopefully all will go well when I get around to pushing my career in this. Wish me luck!!

Working at home is very convenient, I didn't have to get out of the house when it has a storm outside or if there's a typhoon. I could still work even if my vertigo or gout is acting up. I get to save money for fare and food, and time because I don't have to commute to work. I only had a hard-time "switching-off" once, maybe I was taking my job too seriously that time or was thinking too much so I couldn't relax even if it was a Friday night. But I'm ok now, and I can say it works for me!

I have a very hard time switching off, I force myself to go outside and exercise, thought lately I have found it easier to switch off as it's getting kind of old.

Since last January when mum Rachel has a serious accident, I was pulled out of boarding school and schooled at home. Its a tough course affiliated with my college which I visit three days a week. The private school I attended was for exceptionally bright pupils. This is why I am at least one year ahead of my peers doing AS Level exams. I expect to achieve the required AAA's in the sciences required for the medical field, so further education is a must. I want to do a BSc in Biology, Cognitive Science and a BSc/MChem in Chemistry. Once a week I meet my doctor who mentors me. This is a wonderful opportunity! He loans me textbooks which I devour at home (academic nom nomms are a close secondary to chocolate truffles!), but its important to have free time to chill back and relax with my longterm girlfriend. Its going to take me half a decade to become a doctor. I will get there. There is no second option. This means less time socializing, more time studying. Its no sacrifice, though. Not when my heart is really where it wants to be. Yeah.

I do a multitude of things online, mostly sites like Swagbucks and random survey sites. Surveys can get old, though, and drive me crazy sometimes. I craft like mad and try my best to sell them online, too, but it doesn't always work out. I make very little money, but I recently moved to a bigger, very different area and working in a formal place drove me insane. I seriously had a mental breakdown going to work everyday, so I quit. I'm still learning ways to make money online, but I'm slowly getting better at it!

Survey sites are a good way to get a solid $5/year.

I don't now, but I will eventually.

I'll be dealing in life insurance and investments for a really reputable company. Sometimes I'll be going to other people's homes, but mostly working out of my own.
If my blog gets enough traffic, I might advertise for others as well.

Back