What's new

does anyone have a will?

talking about will, my FIL had one and DH was the sole executor of his will which he followed to the letter. There was a problem; FIL had made revisions on his will and he did not remove the original will from the safety deposit box. FIL remarried a wealthy woman from TX who did NOT leave him a penny in her will thinking she would die ahead of him. This hurt FIL so much since she knew he had his own money when they married. Its just the way her will was worded that hurt him. He worked for MGM studios in FL before and he enjoyed a huge monthly pension plus all his other investments in stocks, bonds and CDs.

In his first will, he left his Camry (he bought this brand new, 6 months prior to his death) to his wife. But after he found her will, he revised his will and left her with nothing. He died in his sleep following a massive heart attack. When DH and stepMIL opened the safety deposit box, they happened to read the first will first. stepMIL was happy thinking she would get the Camry valued at least $18K based on KBB. Her happiness was short-lived. ON the revised will, it said the Camry was to be given to DH's sister. There was nothing for stepMIL. stepMIL told DH, SIL would never know if they kept mum about the revised will :rolleyes: DH said, "I'm sorry but I will execute dad's will the way he wanted it." stepMIL tried calling the pension company, she learned FIL put DH as the only one authorized to get his death pension. two strikes for her, she was mad.

I don't know why stepMIL would want more when her estimated assets are close to $3M USD not including the oil royalties she gets quarterly from lands she has already sold. She is also very frugal, so I can't understand why she wants more.

sometimes, wills can break families apart :(

Back