What's new

Does anyone know how to...

bonnie48

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
use a rice steamer. Someone at work gave me one, but it has no directions with it. It is a 2 cup. Anyone?

I make botan--Japanese rice in it

I use 1 part rice to 1.5 water

how long does it steam for? I will be using Riceland Rice...that's all I have.

how long does it steam for? I will be using Riceland Rice...that's all I have.

I use riceland rice too. Did your cooker come with a lil cup? Mine did (it looks to be about 1/4 or 1/3 C). I use one of those lil cups of rice and two of water and press cooke. Mine turns itself off when it's done. Mine is just a $12 one from Walgreens.

Basically it's usually 1 part rice and two parts water.

I bought a toaster oven at a garage sale (no booklet), and while I was checking online on different ways to use it, I came across the booklet for my oven. Turns out you can download the instruction booklets for most appliances and electronics online (I also did it for a digital camera a friend gave me). Google the make and model, and maybe it will have yours. It might have suggestions for other uses/ recipes in it too.

I bought a toaster oven at a garage sale (no booklet), and while I was checking online on different ways to use it, I came across the booklet for my oven. Turns out you can download the instruction booklets for most appliances and electronics online (I also did it for a digital camera a friend gave me). Google the make and model, and maybe it will have yours. It might have suggestions for other uses/ recipes in it too.

I thought about this too, however the make of this cooker is in Japanese or Chinese....I have no idea what brand it is! :lol:

I use riceland rice too. Did your cooker come with a lil cup? Mine did (it looks to be about 1/4 or 1/3 C). I use one of those lil cups of rice and two of water and press cooke. Mine turns itself off when it's done. Mine is just a $12 one from Walgreens.

Basically it's usually 1 part rice and two parts water.

Uh Oh.....it says 3 cups on the inside....I used 1 cup rice and 2 cups water! way more that 1/4 or 1/3 c.....I hope it doesn't overflow!

Google owners manual for "your brand of rice cooker"....should be there in a pdf to print out.

I do this alot with stuff I get at the thrift store or that I've lost my original one.....donvier icecream maker and other stuff.

Oh, funny! Well I don't have one myself, but I think the ratio of rice to water is the main thing--so the info others have posted should be enough to get started. My friend has one and loves it.

Uh Oh.....it says 3 cups on the inside....I used 1 cup rice and 2 cups water! way more that 1/4 or 1/3 c.....I hope it doesn't overflow!

Let us know how it works out for ya. :cartwheel:

just as I went into the Kitchen.....it was overflowing! anyone for some rice?

I just found the make Aroma....I will google the manual. Thanks

just as I went into the Kitchen.....it was overflowing! anyone for some rice?

I just found the make Aroma....I will google the manual. Thanks

Yikes! Try half of that.

Once you get it down, you'll love it.

I think Roger Ebert the movie critic might have written a book on how to cook with a rice steamer. Google it.

I think Roger Ebert the movie critic might have written a book on how to cook with a rice steamer. Google it.

Seriously? What a snooze fest of a book "How to make rice 101".

We love rice and always use my rice cooker. Always add 1/2 more of water than rice. So if I make 1 1/2 cup of rice, I add 2cups of water, salt, a little oil and garlic powder.... Yum!

It was VERY good! DH always complaints that the rice is hard.....it was perfect in the steamer. I can't wait to try it on vegi's

YAY!!! :cartwheel::cartwheel::cartwheel:

Back