What's new

DS #3 has a stomach bug, anyone else go through this?

B

boyzrus

It came out of nowhere! This morning he had some pancakes and then he started vomiting. So gross! I'm ok if you bleed on my, but don't puke around me or I will start puking?

Anyone else experience this with their kids or firsthand? I'm wondering how long it will go on.

Awww poor kid and mom. Hope he gets better quick without sharing it with anyone else! Please, let this be the time he doesn't share!

I am the same way! Can't even stand the sound of puking.

DS had the stomach bug a few weeks ago.

Hope your DS feels better soon!

Mary, I hope he feels better...knock on wood, we are all good, haven't heard about any bugs. I agree about the puking...what makes me mad is when they get older and don't make it to the bathroom! I yell and say, you can feel it coming on...get in there and stay in there! I'm like Adam Sandler, get the newspaper.....I'm not cleaning it up! :lol:

Usually 24 hours Mary. After the vomiting comes the hershey squirts, so be ready!

The only thing I give my kids when they get it is water with some raw sugar in it. The artificial sweeteners, colors, and HFCS don't agree with them at these times (so hence no gatorade or pedialyte, etc).

They are always starving after the first 12 hours, but letting them eat anything is a big mistake :lol:

Get a bucket, make sure there are flushable buttwipers, and know we feel your pain!

I had to think positive. It could have been in the car.

The other kids are totally unsympathetic. "Mom, he's too loud! We can hear him puking in the basement!"

Once my middle kid puked a bellyful of half digested fries and Nerds candy off the top bunk at like 3am.

The horror! I threw Baby at DH and yelled at him "DO NOT COME IN HERE!"

The things we do for love.

Yep. Went through it late last week. Poor kids. They're so miserable when they're sick.

Kathy is right. After vomit, it comes out the other end. :surrender: My little guy still isn't quite over it.

Where has your son been that he got this?
Sounds icky---hopefully it doesn't last long--and the others don't get it
I do know the runs are very contagious--so make sure you wipe the seat and keep that very clean--to help not spread the disease
Praying things go well

Hope he feels better soon! Hopefully it's just a 24 hr. thing...for years I got this as a child and even a teenager but it was ALWAYS in the fall and winter NEVER during the summer...the one time I got something in the summer it was food poisoning and I was way sicker than just the flu...had to stay in the hospital...took the hospital 3 tries to diagnose salmonella poisoning..that was when I was 19 and I don't wish it on anyone!

Ugh flashbacks to DH on his business trip to Baltimore at the beginning of the pregnancy when I had terrible morning sickness. DD woke in the middle of the night and puked and pooped in the hall on her way to the bathroom. That was AWFUL.
She often gets sick when DH isn't home - the first time she got the flu, she was 6 months old and puked on my at my MIL's house. the second time, she was 2 1/2 and DH was at a hockey game with his BFF. DD puked on the carpeting after drinking some red juice so it stained something lovely.

A few sicks kids at work but mostly runny noses (allergies) and the kids don't blow their noses but suck down the snot then tummy and GI track get icky from sucking all the snot.

I love my job :)

Poor Kid! I hope he feels better soon and doesn't share with the rest of the family. Hugs to you!

yes, here last week. started with the son 13y, but he had the worst tummy ache and bad poops and then the vomiting two to three hours later and then one day sick and sleeping. all three had exact illness a few days apart. begins with terrible tummy ache and diarrhea. i know norovirus has been circling thru the region, but this does not sound the same. the wonderful news on norovirus is that it is extremely easy to catch, spreads easily and can be shed for weeks after symptoms are gone, and can be recaught after a few months, due to inability to gain immunity. OH GOODY!! when my kids are sick, i designate them to a "sick chair" or couch and the night. they get their own bathroom until they are well. although it seems they all caught it anyhoo last week. grrrrrrrr. we spent the day at great america the day the son got sick upon arriving home that night. that waterpark was rife with transient looking swimmers, and the wave pool was wall to wall homosapiens. yack!!!!!

yes, here last week. started with the son 13y, but he had the worst tummy ache and bad poops and then the vomiting two to three hours later and then one day sick and sleeping. all three had exact illness a few days apart. begins with terrible tummy ache and diarrhea. i know norovirus has been circling thru the region, but this does not sound the same. the wonderful news on norovirus is that it is extremely easy to catch, spreads easily and can be shed for weeks after symptoms are gone, and can be recaught after a few months, due to inability to gain immunity. OH GOODY!! when my kids are sick, i designate them to a "sick chair" or couch and the night. they get their own bathroom until they are well. although it seems they all caught it anyhoo last week. grrrrrrrr. we spent the day at great america the day the son got sick upon arriving home that night. that waterpark was rife with transient looking swimmers, and the wave pool was wall to wall homosapiens. yack!!!!!
*and the night, makes no sense, lol. my keyboard is messed up from dropping it in customs on the marble floor in o hare.lol

Linkin, our house has been back and forth with the novovirus for a year or more. Every several months. We do the same thing, 'cept they are quarantined to their room. They do get assigned a solitary bathroom for the duration, not that it helps the rest of us from getting it. Luckily I have been able to keep it from DH except for once last year over the summer. He is a TERRIBLE patient!

Ok now I'm totally skeeved! We're going to The Dells (Noah's Ark) next month. I'll be totally paranoid the whole time! :surrender:

Ok now I'm totally skeeved! We're going to The Dells (Noah's Ark) next month. I'll be totally paranoid the whole time! :surrender:
i really do not think he caught it there. he is the most careful of all my kids. germ freak like his mama. he had been several places prior. and given the timetable of the contracting the illness, i would have to say he ran into the offending germs two days prior. only other places we went were taco bell and dairy queen. they had just gotten out of school too. could be school stuff. drink red wine the whole time and ye shall all be safe? oh, and glad you have that fun dells trip to look forward to, whaaaaaaaaaat not going to country thunder? hee hee

Country Thunder?! OMFG NO!!! When I lived in LG I HATED when CT came to town..................all those dirty peeps roaming all over town.......bleh!

Country Thunder?! OMFG NO!!! When I lived in LG I HATED when CT came to town..................all those dirty peeps roaming all over town.......bleh!
i know! i know!! just teasing. oh and you might be missing the boat races in pell tucky this weekend then too. i am entering the worlds record longest/largest scooter parade in lake geneva this weekend. the town will be inundated with scooters this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back