What's new

Eagles Jason Peters out

dissn_it

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Philadelphia Eagles starting left tackle Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon during training. Surgery will be required to fix the tendon and recovery can take up to 12 months to heal.
How do you think this will effect the offense for the Eagles this season?

The Eagles will now have a harder time running the ball. Their running game was their entire offense last year because of their solid line. I hope they find a solid replacement because left tackles are hard to come by. Vick will have to rely on his arm more then ever now.

Man! This is an injury you hate to see happen. Dissapointment for the team and for Peters. I think it is going to make their offense weaker than last year for sure. Hope they can get a quality player in that position, otherwise Vick will need to pass and scramble more to compensate.

Ruptured Achilles can be a career-ender. I hope everything works out for him.

They might get Demetrius Bell as a replacement now that Peters is out. Probably a good chance they get him, since they have a big need at LT now.

I'm sorry to hear that Jason Peters has such a painful injury. It will definitely affect there game unless they get a comparable replacement. The tackles are so important for the confidence and ability of the QB and the offense in general. We will see.

Given the way that Vick gets hurt, this is the worst possible thing that could have happened.

Trident makes a real valid point on Vick being so prone to injury. Now his protection is questionable and that's not good. If anything, they need to be adding more and better protection to the line to compensate. This is an interesting thing to watch, for the draft and players, to see what will be.

Back