What's new

Educating venues and customers

Although I don't agree with Chip most of the time I have to agree with him here.
I don't think that someone's personal life should be brought up in these forums!
I really don't care what Chip and MTU are going round and round about as I don't think that it really has anything to do with Karaoke other than the fact that it has something to do with a Karaoke program. SO WHAT!

I think that ANY personal or professional ATTACKS should be deleted that goes for all sides, I really don't like (or want) to read page after page of stuff that has nothing to do with the subject in the HEADLINES, (Educating venues and customers).

The same goes for someone calling someone a Pirate, unless they can UNDISPUTABLY prove that someone is then leave it alone.

Why can't we as a bunch of Adults act like it and get along?
Some would think that this could equate to CYBER BULLYING which here in Texas could get jail time.

I think that if a very new person to the Karaoke world were to read half of the stuff that goes on in here, they would be very afraid to ask a question for fear that they would get their head ripped off.

Come on all and let's try to play nice and get back on the subject.

Amazing.... here is a comment from Skid who feels he should comment on the merits of the "ignore feature" when (theoretically) he has me on ignore so he hasn't really read all this thread and doesn't understand that it's as much about lying and fairness as it is about baiting/flaming.

But he'll never know this right?

(why is it that only one certain group is constantly spouting about how wonderful this feature is, but can't seem to really ignore anything?)

See now there we go again. I only know that Skid is ignoring because he's mentioned it before the ban on advertising who you ignore. I see it as he's advertising the useful of the ignore feature.

"Ignore certain people" = Ignore people who annoy you.

Although I don't agree with Chip most of the time I have to agree with him here.
I don't think that someone's personal life should be brought up in these forums!
I really don't care what Chip and MTU are going round and round about as I don't think that it really has anything to do with Karaoke other than the fact that it has something to do with a Karaoke program. SO WHAT!

I think that ANY personal or professional ATTACKS should be deleted that goes for all sides, I really don't like (or want) to read page after page of stuff that has nothing to do with the subject in the HEADLINES, (Educating venues and customers).

The same goes for someone calling someone a Pirate, unless they can UNDISPUTABLY prove that someone is then leave it alone.

Why can't we as a bunch of Adults act like it and get along?
Some would think that this could equate to CYBER BULLYING which here in Texas could get jail time.

I think that if a very new person to the Karaoke world were to read half of the stuff that goes on in here, they would be very afraid to ask a question for fear that they would get their head ripped off.

Come on all and let's try to play nice and get back on the subject.

Thanks Lone. For me, it's the principal here. I dug in my heels because Chip and Julie are trying to get a perfectly valid discussion pulled because it was posted by Steve and mentions them by name. They tried the post is baiting, it's personal, and and a couple of other things.

If they had just come at me straight and hadn't tried to frame Steve's post as baiting when it wasn't and dropped me a note, I probably would've pulled the post and dropped Steve a PM explaining why I pulled it. In turn Steve would probably be pissed at me and I couldn't blame him but you win some you lose some.

Agreed on your attacks statement and it would be nice if everyone could act like an adult. :) As for the pirate term it's inflammatory even if true. Call them a copyright infringer, if and only if they've actually been convicted.

Agreed on staying on topic but it was brought up in this thread and I kept answering.

Luckily this forum is hidden from guests and new users. Although the climate here definitely isn't very welcoming. Hopefully we'll change that sooner rather than later. Most of our new members seem to be referred from other members/boards right now.

Hmm How to educate Karaoke hosts and Jocks to educate Venues and Customers.Could we get this back on track for page 20. I hope some realize here that off topic posts and or ignoring the OPs topic could result in negative results or simply split to seperat threads as well. Lets try to have some decency and or relevance to the Thread topic.

I am sorry anyone took my posting of the MTU lawsuit as an attack or baiting, it was a simple comparision and nothing more! I was confused about how anyone could be against the practice by someone else but for it when it comes to their own property.

As for everything else it is time to stop whinning about what Dan does or doesn't do and man up.

I was banned for cause, you can ask Dan I didn't cover him up with PMs, e-mails, demand explanations, or call him unfair (we did talk through a PM though) I simply took my ban without complaint and I am not complaining now.

Even when I say this I am not complaining............ I do wish that he had carried through with the policy of banning those that make false claims of attacks or baiting. I have never been one to run to the teacher with complaints on the other children and I am still not that way, I figure I can respond to the person and give back as much or more than I receive (although it has gotten me in hot water more than once).

Give Dan a break here folks use a little intergrity and honesty with yourselves and there won't be nearly as many problems for him to sort through.

Let me get one thing straight, and then I will shut up. I reported what I believed to be baiting -- what I still believe was baiting. Dan disagreed. That doesn't mean it wasn't ...only that we disagreed, and he runs this show. So be it. But I'm getting incredibly tired of being bashed for having my opinion on the subject, and being taken to task like I was lying, being childish or trying to "get even" with Thunder. None of those things has any accuracy whatsoever. I would have felt exactly the same way about that post and if it had been written by anyone else here, and I would have reported it exactly as I did.

Believe what you want to believe. I acted with honesty and integrity and I can look myself in the mirror just fine, thank you very much.

Can we please move on? Thank you for your assistance.

Birdofsong

Julie,

While I wasn't refering to anyone in particular (just the general additude and pratice) I appreciate your candor on the subject!

I put my mouth where my mouth was and told new venue owner number two of the perils of karaoke. She shrugged. So far am 3 for 3 of at least not losing a show due to the education issue. May get the Safe Harbor brochures just so they don't become afraid of all computer shows although being horse and buggy was certainly a selling point. Now on to fight the economy and keep the new shows.

Back