What's new

Eison

Grits is like oatmeal made from corn (ground up corn or tiny kernels, not sure which)... but it doesn't taste sweeter, it tastes more plain, with less chunks. Kinda mushy, probably depending on how it's cooked.

what's grits?
Something that doesn't taste good

Grits is like oatmeal made from corn (ground up corn or tiny kernels, not sure which)... but it doesn't taste sweeter, it tastes more plain, with less chunks. Kinda mushy, probably depending on how it's cooked.
Best case it taste like soggy paper, worst it taste like crap

what's grits?

To me, atleast, it tastes like buttery cream of wheat, and I likes me some cream of wheat. If you don't know what cream of wheat is then you're soul is just damned. The main complaint about grits is it's just flavorless.

All of you grits hate'n sum ****es can go to hell!

what in the sam hell are you runnin on about? i understand the crack, but not what it's in response to.

explain yoreself son!

I think he's in the wrong thread... in another thread Kelkel asked how old you thought she was.

I did SEE it, and replied to in IN THAT THREAD!!!

The points go to divine.

If you would make your silly comments in the thread where they're applicable, those of us with REALLY short memories would really appreciate it!

and here i was wondering why barry didn't see it. :lol:

i DID.

Vinny Gambini: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.

Vinny Gambini: [across beside the jury] What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?

Mr. Tipton: I don't know.

Vinny Gambini: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

:unsure:

Vinny Gambini: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.

Vinny Gambini: [across beside the jury] What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?

Mr. Tipton: I don't know.

Vinny Gambini: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

:unsure:

I think that is one of the most overrated flicks ever.

http://www.thestompinggrounds.org/forums/cinema/41899-most-overrated-movies-performances.html

what is the basis for your opinion?

I think its a classic "fish out of water tale" and the inteaction of the noo yawker with the southerners was very well done and made for some extemely funny scenes.

The fact that the judge was such a stickler for procedure and decorum rather than being a stereotypical "good ole boy" allowed the writers to mine even more humor from the movie.

I don't necessarily think Marisa Tomei deserved an Oscar, but I thought her character was extremely funny, given her situation.

i'm assuming this is from My Cousin Vinny, which, i must agree with Eison, was indeed one of the most overrated movies ever.

it had its funny moments...but Joe Pesci just whips me. I don't think much of him as an actor.

Yeah, it is from MCV and Pesci, outside of a few scenes in 2 movies hasn't ever impressed or entertained me much as an actor. But I also just don't think that movie is very funny period.

it's interesting to turn to the last pages of threads i created to have no idea what the thread is now talking about. :p
I like it when threads morph.

Its official - Barry, Eison and I will never be able to go to the movies together b/c our tastes seem to be so different.

Oh well, Eison -- I may have that Spiderman private showing coming up in may . . . . :D

Its official - Barry, Eison and I will never be able to go to the movies together b/c our tastes seem to be so different.

Oh well, Eison -- I may have that Spiderman private showing coming up in may . . . . :D

ya think?

do you ONLY go see Joe Pesci flicks? :p

Back