What's new

F**k You - Cee-lo Green

Bazza

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Have you heard this song yet? Wow. What a fun & catchy tune.

I know there are those those that will never like it due to the obvious lyrical content, but I know one bar in particular where it will be HUGE! (They sing Crazy B1tch, etc almost every weekend).

It releases to radio in a few months...I wonder what the edit will be. "Bump You"? :lol:

Can't wait for the Karaoke on this one!

It's actually already been released to radio...a novelty hit but nothing more...but what do I know I'm just a deejaaaaaaaaay!

Steve turned us on to that a ways back :)

I love this song -- it's everything I ever wanted to say to my ex's :D

Here's the official (much funnier after watching the word one above)...

[yt]pc0mxOXbWIU[/yt]

I have now listened to this 5 times. The music is awesome and I just wish that the lyrical content wasn't what it is. I only play clean, and it is a shame that I can't use this.

And actually, for myself, I don't mind it at all. Just can't play it anywhere.

Papa Deuce said:
I have now listened to this 5 times. The music is awesome and I just wish that the lyrical content wasn't what it is. I only play clean, and it is a shame that I can't use this.

And actually, for myself, I don't mind it at all. Just can't play it anywhere.

Prime cuts said they have a version about to release next week that says " Forget You " I have tried singing it in my head that way and i think it will fit and be equally enjoyable, i can't wait :)

Loneavenger said:
Prime cuts said they have a version about to release next week that says " Forget You " I have tried singing it in my head that way and i think it will fit and be equally enjoyable, i can't wait :)

That's cool and all, but let's say I play it at a wedding... you KNOW what will happen... the people will sing the dirty version. I'm sure grandma and grandpa would just love that....

I don't bash anybody for what they play, but for my business, I try to keep everything squeaky clean. Plus, I do so many young kids events, that I feel like I owe it to myself to keep it that way.

Bazza said:
Have you heard this song yet? Wow. What a fun & catchy tune.

I know there are those those that will never like it due to the obvious lyrical content, but I know one bar in particular where it will be HUGE! (They sing Crazy B1tch, etc almost every weekend).

It releases to radio in a few months...I wonder what the edit will be. "Bump You"? :lol:

Can't wait for the Karaoke on this one!

I posted a song with the "F-Word" in it & got reprimanded so be careful....

Papa Deuce said:
That's cool and all, but let's say I play it at a wedding... you KNOW what will happen... the people will sing the dirty version. I'm sure grandma and grandpa would just love that....

I don't bash anybody for what they play, but for my business, I try to keep everything squeaky clean. Plus, I do so many young kids events, that I feel like I owe it to myself to keep it that way.

I do a lot of kids events myself and i completely understand, it's just like when they Request Lil John's Get Low at a teen party and you KNOW what's gonna happen so i always clear it with the parents in advance

Loneavenger said:
I do a lot of kids events myself and i completely understand, it's just like when they Request Lil John's Get Low at a teen party and you KNOW what's gonna happen so i always clear it with the parents in advance

See, but even there, you cleared it with the parents of the kids whose party it is... but NOT the parents of ALL the kids... That is why I just find it easier to play clean, and not have the nasty stuff in my library. Plus, in my contract, I have a clause about that the the client MUST initial that they know I do not play dirty.

But, to each their own.

Good theory, I also do handle the Elementary school gigs locally and at a gig like your talking about of course not only is the music clean, but a lot of thought goes into the meanings behind the songs. It's the reason i get so much of that business, they know they don't have to worry :)

Wall we are pretty liberal

atleast I am but you have to give some sort of warning so some of these folks wont blast it at their home with children running around or even at work with the boss in ones cubicle. I am making an adjustment to your thread to make sure folks know before opening it. I think we attempt to make certain of that and most folks have that courtesy.:trismug:
Wall Of Sound said:
I better not get reprimanded or censored like I did before...

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy. I try to keep anything with the F bomb out of my library. (Well except You Outta Know) No She Hates Me, No Ode To My Car and no F**k You.

Jon Tuck said:
atleast I am but you have to give some sort of warning so some of these folks wont blast it at their home with children running around or even at work with the boss in ones cubicle. I am making an adjustment to your thread to make sure folks know before opening it. I think we attempt to make certain of that and most folks have that courtesy.:trismug:

Well you weren't liberal on this post. You removed the video, remember?

Our DJ Talk - DJ Help and Resources Chat!

Wall Of Sound said:
Well you weren't liberal on this post. You removed the video, remember?

Our DJ Talk - DJ Help and Resources Chat!

C'mon Buddy, I think it's plainly obvious to all that posting an interesting, albeit risque' video that may have some interest to dj's is not the same as posting a video just to tell another member "F.U.". If that's what you consider censorship, it kind of degrades the term.

Any determined Martyr can always find a cause to be persecuted or die for, this incident seems to be a bit of a stretch though, no?

I like the song but hate the music.

It would be really cool covered by a good rock band.

The dated garbage of a backing track has to go.

I think covered by a good rock band it could be a hit.

As long as they can still fit "ooo,ooo,oooo" in it somewhere.

Back