What's new

Farking lazy **** FedEx drivers

ennui

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
I was home, waiting for the delivery. None of this customer was not home nonsense. Lazy **** liar didn't want to either drive down my street or to walk down my driveway.

Now I have to stay home a second day waiting. :ranting:

My husband got the same treatment from ups today at work. Normal delivery time is 3 pm. My husband is supposed to be able to get out of work at 4... ups man shows up at 358... asswipe!!

Fed Ex is good to me. I have them deliver to my shop and they get there without a hitch. UPS on the other hand liked to get there at 7pm when I was long gone. I always have to pick up the next day at the warehouse.

M

my home delivery ups guy, he is so sweet. He brings dog biscuits for my dog. Always here by noon, no complaints. the driver for my husbvands work... well, he sucks ****.

My driver never makes us sign for anything. He rings the doorbell & is driving away by the time we get to the door. He always leaves the packages by the door.

I ordered a coffeemaker from Amazon on Friday night. It said it would be delivered Tuesday (I have prime). Imagine my surprise when yesterday morning (SUNDAY) my new coffeemaker arrived. Not only 2 days early, but Sunday morning delivery. I was thrilled -- I am much happier when I have coffee.

It was shipped by Ensenda, which I'd never heard of before.

My UPS guy (now) is awesome (and hawt). He brought my ice cream maker inside and asked himself over for ice cream :) My previous UPS driver wasn't too great and dropped everything off the side of the porch where I couldn't get it. I know I'm always near the end of the route so I've heard some horrible stories.. I have a lot of sympathy for them.

Usually they show up, a few actually bother to ring the doorbell before driving off. The worst, besides today's lying no-show, is when they THROW the package from the driveway onto the doorstop...once found a box of broken glasses from Crate & Barrel after hearing a THUD.

I ordered a coffeemaker from Amazon on Friday night. It said it would be delivered Tuesday (I have prime). Imagine my surprise when yesterday morning (SUNDAY) my new coffeemaker arrived. Not only 2 days early, but Sunday morning delivery. I was thrilled -- I am much happier when I have coffee.

It was shipped by Ensenda, which I'd never heard of before.

My last Amazon purchase came on a Sunday through Ensenda too -- it was so weird! But cool :lol:.

FedEx brought out RPS (home delivery, like UPS) years ago and those guys wear FedEx uniforms but work on a per piece basis. Please do not lump FedEx Express drivers and the FedEx home delivery guys together.

My UPS guy (now) is awesome (and hawt). He brought my ice cream maker inside and asked himself over for ice cream :) My previous UPS driver wasn't too great and dropped everything off the side of the porch where I couldn't get it. I know I'm always near the end of the route so I've heard some horrible stories.. I have a lot of sympathy for them.

I don't think people realize how much **** these guys go through to deliver a package. People order and they aren't home--so they have to go back the next day.

People forget or don't know that these guys have over 100 stops a DAY. Your not the only delivery. They are timed every where they go, even when they pee, if they are lucky enough to have a pee stop on their route.

They work through all kinds of conditions, rain, the pounding heat and the brutal winters. Its NOT an easy job whatsoever.

While I agree, throwing packages is not acceptable, some packages get left behind if they are a no signature required. This happens manly during heavy peak periods.

How do I know this? My DH has been a FedEx Express driver for 21 years and prior to that he was a UPS guy for 5.

FedEx brought out RPS (home delivery, like UPS) years ago and those guys wear FedEx uniforms but work on a per piece basis. Please do not lump FedEx Express drivers and the FedEx home delivery guys together.
Yes fed Ex ground are independant contractors, yes they wear the uniform work for fed ex but most own thier own trucks ect. or work for an independant contractor.
Fed ex ground is the home delivery and doing this allowed Fed Ex to be competative in the home delivery department.

I don't think people realize how much **** these guys go through to deliver a package. People order and they aren't home--so they have to go back the next day.

People forget or don't know that these guys have over 100 stops a DAY. Your not the only delivery. They are timed every where they go, even when they pee, if they are lucky enough to have a pee stop on their route.

They work through all kinds of conditions, rain, the pounding heat and the brutal winters. Its NOT an easy job whatsoever.

While I agree, throwing packages is not acceptable, some packages get left behind if they are a no signature required. This happens manly during heavy peak periods.

How do I know this? My DH has been a FedEx Express driver for 21 years and prior to that he was a UPS guy for 5.

Well put. Don't forget now when delivering to a business they HAVE to lock the doors of thier trucks. A big pain in the **** even if they are able to see thier truck they still have to lock it. Also don't forget at least at UPS (don't know about fedex) IF they are late getting back to terminal 3 times they will be fired.... Yes they get paid well but it is ridick how they are watched and times... forget that they want to be personalable to all but if you faced getting fired for being late wouldn't you rush also?? I know I would.

Yes, they have all these crazy rules so if they seem rushed they are. They have to put every minute of the day into their computers and most of the UPS trucks have GPS so they are being tracked as to where they are at all times. Its a crazy, crazy job only the veterans survive during rush periods.

Usually they show up, a few actually bother to ring the doorbell before driving off. The worst, besides today's lying no-show, is when theyTHROW the package from the driveway onto the doorstop...once found a box of broken glasses from Crate & Barrel after hearing a THUD.

It is true that the ground drivers are independent contractors who own their own routes. As Fuzzysox said, they work through extreme conditions and deliver 100+ stops daily. There are exceptions to every rule, but most work very hard to satisfy the customers. Integrity and Service are two core values that FedEx takes very seriously. Throwing packages is never acceptable. If this truly happens it needs to be addressed...just make sure you have the tracking # on hand when you call.

It is true that the ground drivers are independent contractors who own their own routes. As Fuzzysox said, they work through extreme conditions and deliver 100+ stops daily. There are exceptions to every rule, but most work very hard to satisfy the customers. Integrity and Service are two core values that FedEx takes very seriously. Throwing packages is never acceptable. If this truly happens it needs to be addressed...just make sure you have the tracking # on hand when you call.

Well said!! The old timers know that their jobs are on the line so the majority of them are extremely hard workers. My DH has to get up at 3 am just to get their early to sort and organize his truck as well as two other trucks. In the first 2-3 hours they have worked harder then anyone I know, then they go out on the road.

At UPS, a driver gets there in the morning and their trucks are sorted and ready to go. During rush, the UPS guys have extra help, FedEx NONE.

So when you see these men or women, please be nice. If you have a ****ty driver, make sure you look at the truck to see if it is Express or Home Delivery then make a call using the tracking #. No one wants broken merchandise when it arrives.

Last week my DH delivered a huge piece of equipment where the box wasn't wrapped well and oil was coming out of it. The customer was nice and understood that the shipper had shipped it and the package has to make it's way through different channels before it shows up at your doorstep. After my DH told the customer you can accept or refuse it, he refused it and back in the truck it went. My poor Dh had oil on his shirt. Ugh he was mad! One of the "fun" days at work.

Other customers are just plain out of control. One **** called and complained that my DH was banging on the company door. Well the doorbell was broken and no one was coming to open the door. If my DH left she would have complained that her package wasn't delivered. Some days these poor delivery guys just can't win!

cool. what was it? :bee:

BTW I do think it's rotten they skipped your house yesterday!

It was a gift for my mom, can't say what as I think a relative has followed me here and said relative has one heck of a loud mouth.

My husband was a UPS driver before he blew out his knee... He used to pee in an empty pop bottle in the back of his turck b/c he wouldn't stop to pee. Hardly ever took a lunch!

Yep, drivers work hard!

Back