What's new

fast storm going through area

kmjlovesjesus

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Wow, that storm blew through quick. CDH reported they have trees that were bent down--and at least 50 mph winds
Mashup Mom reported not power
Where I live--power flickered, and it came fast and hard--right now it is sunny and clear but the news channels are saying that it should rain on and off all day--and sporadic tomorrow.
DH isn't home--he is stuck at work--or I would get more detailed info
When it hit here in Winfield--it shook our house--and was fast and furious!
We still have not recovered from the previous storm--still dealing with insurance and adjustors--so I hope it stops until we can get the roof tarped and the pod delivered tomorrow-for all the stuff we lost in the shed!

We are getting our second round right now. I'm excited and the grass is very thankful.

Where are you at? How long between the first and second round? Have to pick up ds from a play date--and am hoping I have time before the second round hits

O'Hare area. We started getting a round at around 1 pm. It didn't last very long and hopefully this time the grass will get more watered. None of us can afford the water lately so we haven't been watering.

This will be our 3rd round....got 1-1/2" out of the last two storms.

Finally...after going without a drop of rain in a month and a half, it poured in Buffalo Grove for at least 45 minutes straight. It was a great, soaking rain without the high winds. I hope we get a repeat tonight or tomorrow.

O'Hare area. We started getting a round at around 1 pm. It didn't last very long and hopefully this time the grass will get more watered. None of us can afford the water lately so we haven't been watering.
I agree, I am in the burbs and the cost to bring lake Michigan water to me is almost as much as my water bill---when we bought our house 17 years ago--we had city water but not Lake michigan--and it was awful but my bill with sewer was about 17 a month at it's highest-now it is almost 100--same amount of useage!!!!
Though the LM water taste better--our area didn't hook in with other areas--and when they decided too--it cost so much more!
Though I am glad to have the water--the peeps in my area that have well--when they lost power--they also lost all their water-because the well is powered by electricity!!!

Sunny now!!

We have been watering with our new meter!! It's STILL cheaper than we used to pay with flat rate 6 month city rate. Lots cheaper. I highly recommend it if you live in the City. https://www.metersave.org/

Someone turn it around and send it a little further North please!! Not a drop here. It did get a little gray and slightly breezy about 2 hours ago, but that's as close as we got. :(

It rained for nearly an hour here (Winthrop Harbor)... it was nice!

Power's still out! Plus it knocked out our hugest tomato plant -- knocked it over and snapped right at the bottom -- and my neighbor's tree got hit by lightning and caught on fire, so fire engines right in front of my house in the middle of the storm. That's enough excitement for the day, thanks!

I think we're good, thanks -- ComEd is milling about outside and estimate it on by morning.

Got out of work a little late today and it was pouring. Got soaking wet walking to the car. About 3-4 minutes down the road, i had to pull over,couldnt see a thing it was raining sooooo hard and the winds were horrible. A little bit of hail came down. By the time I got home it was done raining.

Back