What's new

Fate sometimes I wonder, WOW what a great feeling.

I went to the Schaumburg Q exchange - for the most part - because you were going to be there. i love people who are truly honest and genuine. (have BA from the U of Chicago in Psychology and an MSW from Loyola - think have a fairly good radar for honesty) You are a true gem. I told my hubby that night that I REALLY want to go to your pig roast because I LOVE REAL people.

why WOULDN'T I be nice to Andy??? She doesn't make me look at LilWayne all day!
sick.gif

That's Mr. Carter to YOU! Pfft. :keeper:

Thank you for being who you are! I only wish I had people like you in my life!

Thank you for being who you are! I only wish I had people like you in my life!

You need sumptin' darlin'? How are you doin? :bee:

You need sumptin' darlin'? How are you doin? :bee:
I'm ok I just wish there were more people like andy that I was friends with in real life. Most people just seem to want things from me and don't have the time for me when I need their help. It gets old quick!

Amazing!

What you did was a true example of that proverb (I hope I get it right): If you give a man a fish he will eat for the day, if you teach him to fish he will eat forever" or something like that. Amazing act of kindness.

WOW,, Thanks everybody. Me of MANY MANY words can not even come up with the right words for all of you. That touches me sooooo deep. OK I have sat here for 5 minutes not knowing how to answer each and everyone of your posts, they have all touched me. All of you guys are awesome. I will keep you guys updated on Roberts progress. When this came to us I really looked at it as a gift from God, and that is what I wanted to share with you all, not looking for or even thinking of what a nice thing it was to do. I feel blessed to be able to help and many times you never get to meet the people or get to know anything else about them except for the fact that they need help, we (dh and I ) are happy to be able really watch the outcome of helping. I know that doesn't even sound right, but hopefully you'll know what I mean. again THANKS to all of you. :huggy:

Wow, what a beautiful story! I hope that one day dh and I can really make a difference for a complete stranger like you have done. I hope this is the beginning on a wonderful relationship for all of you.

May God bless you for your kindness. I hope Robert becomes one of your best employees.

Chills, Sweet Chills! Truely a Blessed situation for both! I love this!

Great story! When I read your update, I was wondering who's Robert? Love hearing stories like this. Hope it continues to be a happy ending.
We have such a nice bunch of folks here in CW.
Glad I'm in this family:huggy:

Great story! Hope it works out! He should be thanking his lucky stars!

Call it fate call it whatever you want. God works in mysterious ways....
Last week we had a guy apply for a job, well he said he said he had wrecker experience so...DH decides to take him on a run to see IF the guy really knew his way around wreckers,,,surprise the guy knew wreckers and could operate like the way we like it. Only issue the guy fallowed **** from Colorado to Mn then unto Wausau... He lost his job in Colorado due to recession, so he was never in Wausau before all this...... dosen't know his way around the area...DH decides that we can give it a try... His **** left last Friday never telling him.....They were staying in a days inn until they could find a place to rent (she supposedly had a job here in Wausau, which she did not) he spent the last of his money Sunday night on a room... Monday he shows up 45 minutes early for work... I like that. Had to give almost turn by turn directions but that was expected, what wasn't expected he says "know of any effincey apartments around here?'" Dh says yeah my brother owns a ton of them.. New guy says can I borrow enough money for rent ect. I'll work it off......With in an hour we had a nice 2 bedroom apartment for him. I filled the refrigerator, my mom (who rents out homes) took over all the furniture and all bedding, towels, pots, pans, silverware. We are going to pay his rent and deduct from his pay for him. Last night when I took him to his new home he started to cry saying "man you guys really hooked me up, I figured I would have to sleep in my car ." Today 2nd day on the job was supposed to be here at 8:00 was 45 minutes early and started to work right away. Last night he studied the local maps in the phone book and really comprehended all that he was looking at , only had ask directions 1 time. I don't think he could have gotten a job anyplace else that could have made this happen for him. The only thing we told him " Don't **** us over, you'll ruin it for the next guy". I really don't think he will even try.

OMG! First time seeing this thread... HOW ****ING AWESOME ARE YOU AND DH!! Peggy that was so sweet of you , DH and Momma to help take care of this OBVIOUSLY lost soul! Hopefully he will thrive in your company and be one of your most valued employees..... from the sounds of it he's off to a great start! :)

Great story! When I read your update, I was wondering who's Robert? Love hearing stories like this. Hope it continues to be a happy ending.
We have such a nice bunch of folks here in CW.
Glad I'm in this family:huggy:

Me too..... I was in the dark with that thread! :hides:

Great story and glad the guy appreciates having to work for what he has. That lesson has falling to the wayside in people.

Back