What's new

favorite childhood toy

mine would have to have been my swimming ring, or later my "boogie board" (body board). i've always been a summer kid, and every day in summer i would be at the beach surfing on waves, jumping on them, having a great time.
what i enjoyed the most was when my dad would hold my hand and take me out under all of the big waves to the DEEP water where it was calm. i used to love holding my breath and diving under to where it was so silent and beautiful. i loved the way the water slowed everything down and made my hair all fluid like, wispy and without gravity.

When I was young, I used to love getting ahold of a set of keys. I guess I loved getting into things I wasn't supposed to be.

I think as soon as I got tall enough to play pool, I loved that, and still do, but I don't get to play very often.

Growing up, my swimming was almost completely in pools.. I live near the ocean now, and it's sort of fun getting knocked around by the waves, and the drift currents, but it's more annoying to swim in the ocean than anything.

Sorry to post and run, but I'm almost asleep as it is, right now. Have a nice day. :)

Probably my action figures - first Star Wars, then later G.I. Joe.

Also, Legos. And I still have a bunch of 'em. :)

Probably my action figures - first Star Wars
yeah i still have all my star wars stuff put away.

i loved to read comics a lot though. does that count? :huh:

I'm to old to remember that far back or the details from that far back.

I do remember having a plush Snoopy thing and whatever I had to eat for dinner snoopy had to have the same. So if we had steak my mom had to cook a whole extra steak for snoopy, he had his own chair and spot at the table. Till this day my moms swears up a storm about how much extra time she had to spend cooking an extra meal for a stuffed animal and the money wasted.

But I always got what I wanted.

Then one day my dad knocked over his glass of red wine and it went on snoopy which of course I thought he was bleeding and starting screaming bloody murder, I ran up the stairs, tripped and fell, cracked my head real good and spent 4 days in the hospital.

My parents took the chance to get ride of snoopy and had the doctor tell me snoopy didn't make it. We had a big funeral for him.

RIP Snoopy, I miss ya

i liked those power wheels things... my brother was around then and he pushed me so fast once the thing flipped and i wound up with a concussion :lol:

don't remember

I did and do enjoy playing board games -- monopoly, etc.

I also loved the game Stratego.

i had:

1) bicycle
2) GI Joe (the larger one, real hair/beard)
3) football
4) baseball bat/glove/ball
5) marbles

i loved to read comics a lot though. does that count? :huh:
yes

I'm to old to remember that far back or the details from that far back.
I do remember having a plush Snoopy thing and whatever I had to eat for dinner snoopy had to have the same. So if we had steak my mom had to cook a whole extra steak for snoopy, he had his own chair and spot at the table. Till this day my moms swears up a storm about how much extra time she had to spend cooking an extra meal for a stuffed animal and the money wasted.
But I always got what I wanted.
Then one day my dad knocked over his glass of red wine and it went on snoopy which of course I thought he was bleeding and starting screaming bloody murder, I ran up the stairs, tripped and fell, cracked my head real good and spent 4 days in the hospital.
My parents took the chance to get ride of snoopy and had the doctor tell me snoopy didn't make it. We had a big funeral for him.
RIP Snoopy, I miss ya

:mellow:

:lmao: that was an awesome story.

I did and do enjoy playing board games -- monopoly, etc.
:unsure: i still like monopoly...
i liked those power wheels things... my brother was around then and he pushed me so fast once the thing flipped and i wound up with a concussion :lol:
:lol:

Back