What's new

Favorite Microsoft Operating System

How should I go about this?

• They're family. They have to be in the wedding party.

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • It's your decision. If you don't feel close to them, it's enough for them to be guests.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

I really like Windows XP, how about you guys?

XP seems way too bloated, even if it is marginally faster. Straying too far from what NT has always been about. Ran NT4.0 for a long time.

i like xp its way more stable than 2000 and i was a 2000/NT since it came out. i don't see why you put server 2003 as an option. i run it on this server and i could never see anyone in their right mind run it as a daily operating system. frankly im not impressed with 2003 web server i rather would have run linux but oh well...

I put it as an option because I know a couple people here have tried it so I was wondering what they thought. I used it like 2 months because it makes you fold faster but I finally had enough, back to XP. :)

my servers gonna have 2003, i really dislike xp its tooo big and simple stick to mac if u want it, 2k pro is alot better for lazy ppl like me that dont wanna waste time cracking xp :X did i say that...

sk8 it will never run it so dont' try, and you will not be able to get windows updates so don't even try once again lol, we have a legal version so ours is always patched

I get windows updates all the time with XP. :)

you have to give it up for windows 1.0 man what a pimpish operating system

i use xp and 98 SE on just about all my comps...i have 2 with 95 i think though

I have to vote other, because I loved the simplicity of Windows 3.1. It was great, I loved using Prodigy on that operating system. My next choice I guess would have to be XP.

xp is bs, its slow and my server did run 2003 server and it ran it well. It booted faster then my comp w00t. Till i scrapped it and took its hd..

yea XP is pretty much the most stable O/S I ever used from MS.

well, linux is stable and some of the games are cool just too much of a hassle for me. I still love my windows 2003 server and windows 2000.

xp for the GUI, I may run linux on the server.Just waiting for a cash injection

I run both windows 2000 professional and linux red hat 8.0. I had XP professional for a while and didn't like it becuase of all those stupid popup bubbles asking me if i wanted to blank or blank or blank. I hate being treated like a kid when trying to run a comp. I don't like XP home because I truly beleive it is idiot proff so idiots cannot mess up thier comps. Puts repair people who suck moron's money out of business.

Back