What's new

Favorite Microsoft Operating System

How should I go about this?

• They're family. They have to be in the wedding party.

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • It's your decision. If you don't feel close to them, it's enough for them to be guests.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Xeno said:
sk8 it will never run it so dont' try, and you will not be able to get windows updates so don't even try once again lol, we have a legal version so ours is always patched
hmm, no? Mine is no legal copy (I refuse to pay Microsoft for the crap) and I download my "patches" fine.

I've always loved DOS 6.

XP (pro, not home)

Currently running 1 comp on XP pro, one on XP home, and two on 98 SE.

i reaalllly like 2000, but i haven't used XP all that much. what i have used irritates me, the new start menu arrangement and search features

What, no ME, that has to be the best os ive ever used. I mean it was . . . well to be totaly honest HORRID.

I would have voted for 2k, but its game support sucked so I went with XP Pro

Prox said:
What, no ME, that has to be the best os ive ever used. I mean it was . . . well to be totaly honest HORRID.

I would have voted for 2k, but its game support sucked so I went with XP Pro

ME a good operating system? Excuse me.

*goes to bathroom, closes door, and laughs to the point of no return*

OK, I am done. Next to Windows 1.0, ME must be one of the most bug-ridden and insecure software releases ever.

I would have to say either 2000 or XP Pro. I have XP Pro on this system, but I am considering formatting and downgrading to 2000. It is XP Pro without the bloat. :nod:

xNaChOx said:
I have XP Pro on this system, but I am considering formatting and downgrading to 2000. It is XP Pro without the bloat. :nod:

It's really not. There's so much added into XP in terms of hardware support and game compatiblity that it's no longer that similar to 2000. Stick with XP Pro.

XP Pro

I used to think 2000 Pro beat XP hands down cos I figured XP is bloated like ME is to 98.. Although I still do think XP has a lot of additions in it I could live w/o I am kinda digging some of the extra little things, mostly cosmetic. Alpha transparency for icons and text. File and fax viewer, integrated archive file exploring, taskbar icon grouping. Not sure if hide/show inactive icons is new to XP but I like that too.

the defrag is different also

what does 'bloated' mean?

omg, WIN ME is the worst os windows has come out with yet, it east ram like hell, I used to have to restart every few hours or it got so slow :/

I prefer WIN 2000, it works great, and almost never crashes on me.

Back