Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
My favorite toon is Tom & Jerry, He-Man and Kick Buttowski :D

What are your favorite

Spongebob!! :p Haven't seen many cartoons for a while.

My all time favorite is Courage the Cowardly Dog. I still love it so much! I don't watch it anymore though... I miss it so much!

+ Gamrpro , i too love that. But stopped watching it.

Tom & Jerry, Spongebob, Bugs Bunny and pink panther.

I like some cartoon like Avatar the Last Airbender.

Snowden has a Home.

Well it would seem I called this one from the start. Venezuela has offer Snowden protection from the U.S. government. Which I figured they would from the start.
Though Bolivia was a surprise they have also offered him protection. Though reading more about Bolivia I would say they don't like us much either.

I feel not many other countries like us --_--

I found it extremely ironic that Snowden is now going to seek refuge with Nicaragua or Venezuela of all places. Sure he might stay out of jail...but was it worth it? He's now going to some of the most anti-democratic nations South America has to offer. In these nations he will recieve no rights, no liberties, and nothing like what American citizens have. He will be in a nation that does not speak his language and are underdeveloped and behind in technology. Nations so poor the citizens often try to escape them traveling thousands of miles north to illegally enter the United States. Does that sound like freedom to anyone else? It doesn't to me. I think he'd have a better life as a prisoner with the possibility of serving his time and going back to civilization then he would in these nations. We're talking about nations that have legitimate and to the definition of state run media and where dissenters are killed. Places where dictators rule under the guise of supposed democratic elections that never change. He really upgraded his standard of life didn't he? While I think this may be more fitting, more ironic, and even harsher than anything the US could ever do to him, I still hope we see him return to face his crimes.

Nicholas said:
I feel not many other countries like us --_--
It is a known fact that the US is one of the worlds most hated countries. If its a sad fact or not.

Frost said:
I found it extremely ironic that Snowden is now going to seek refuge with Nicaragua or Venezuela of all places. Sure he might stay out of jail...but was it worth it? He's now going to some of the most anti-democratic nations South America has to offer. In these nations he will recieve no rights, no liberties, and nothing like what American citizens have. He will be in a nation that does not speak his language and are underdeveloped and behind in technology. Nations so poor the citizens often try to escape them traveling thousands of miles north to illegally enter the United States. Does that sound like freedom to anyone else? It doesn't to me. I think he'd have a better life as a prisoner with the possibility of serving his time and going back to civilization then he would in these nations. We're talking about nations that have legitimate and to the definition of state run media and where dissenters are killed. Places where dictators rule under the guise of supposed democratic elections that never change. He really upgraded his standard of life didn't he? While I think this may be more fitting, more ironic, and even harsher than anything the US could ever do to him, I still hope we see him return to face his crimes.
Considering Prisoners have free healthcare, gym's, and warmth away from the cold streets during winter, I would say I would stay in a prison as well. Although I am not to sure how long I would be able to last with no internet :(

Frost said:
In reality he will be treat most likely like a hero in whichever country he does wind up picking. The host country will make sure he is well taken care of because of the information he did release. Though I wonder if he realizes the are going to debrief him hard on what he knows. If he does not give them what they want he will probably regret his actions.

Chris said:
In reality he will be treat most likely like a hero in whichever country he does wind up picking. The host country will make sure he is well taken care of because of the information he did release. Though I wonder if he realizes the are going to debrief him hard on what he knows. If he does not give them what they want he will probably regret his actions.

Well sure. However well taken care of in a third world nation is a little different from what it would mean anywhere else. He's might be set for life....but he's still not getting any rights. That freedom of speech he liked so much? GONE. That's way gone. Those nations would never stand for it. He'll be watched for the rest of his life too to make sure he doesn't go back to the US or spill any of the new host secrets. Seems like a ****ty life to me.

Frost said:
Well sure. However well taken care of in a third world nation is a little different from what it would mean anywhere else. He's might be set for life....but he's still not getting any rights. That freedom of speech he liked so much? GONE. That's way gone. Those nations would never stand for it. He'll be watched for the rest of his life too to make sure he doesn't go back to the US or spill any of the new host secrets. Seems like a ****ty life to me.
Not really those who spy whether it is third world they will be above all other. They get privileges none of the other citizens get. They live in places that are not so different from here. What we see is the Sally Stuthers Third world poverty part. Their is a part that can rival the rich in this country.

Wikileaks is saying that Snowden is not accepting the Venezuelan offer for asylum and will still be looking for an offer of asylum. Perhaps he realized the same thing I said above. Either way I have to wonder if that wasn't his shot and he blew it. Ain't no one else going to give him asylum.

Frost said:
Wikileaks is saying that Snowden is not accepting the Venezuelan offer for asylum and will still be looking for an offer of asylum. Perhaps he realized the same thing I said above. Either way I have to wonder if that wasn't his shot and he blew it. Ain't no one else going to give him asylum.
Though it is not the only country that has offered. Which if you think about it is a good move on his part because I don't think he leaked the information because a foreign government paid him too. If he went there it would look that way and the administration would spin it that way.

This whole situation is nuts. I mean, we have a guy who took his chances to tell us the truth about what government is doing behind our backs. Yet now every news network is calling him a whistle blower, and a betrayer of our country. Personally, I don't think he should be charged with any crimes ... but obviously our government doesn't care what we think.

HappyMonkey said:
This whole situation is nuts. I mean, we have a guy who took his chances to tell us the truth about what government is doing behind our backs. Yet now every news network is calling him a whistle blower, and a betrayer of our country. Personally, I don't think he should be charged with any crimes ... but obviously our government doesn't care what we think.

He did not betray the people of the country as the people have the right to know these kind of things. However, he did betray the country as a nation as nonetheless, it is still illegal to do such things and have heavy crimes against it.

Back