What's new

Feedback on Sleep Pants and Potty training

eller777

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Background on situation:

Richard is going to be 4 in May and we’re doing well on his potty training. He’s 40 lbs and has been going good with underwear for a couple months now but the Night time Pull-Ups only come in 3/4T and they are now too small. I was thinking of moving him to Sleep Pants or Goodnights but they Medium size is for 40 – 70 lbs and I’m afraid these are going to be too big. Any feedback on the transition?

And does anyone have experience with the “generic†brands vs name brand products?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Goodnights ............Size small says 38-65 lbs. Dont have any experience w/generic, so cant help you there.

My son is skinny... Almost 5 and 35lbs. The Goodnites are a little big but totally fine. I haven't tried other brands, but I'd love feedback too. I had the same thought you did and kept DS in regular pull-ups for too long before I switched. My pediatrician said lots of kids that don't transition smoothly overnight have issues until age 7. AHHH!!

Dd is 6 and 42lbs. She's been wearing goodnites for a couple years. They should fit him fine. The cvs brand are almost identical to the Huggies ones. Those are the only generic ones I've tried.

My son is skinny... Almost 5 and 35lbs. The Goodnites are a little big but totally fine. I haven't tried other brands, but I'd love feedback too. I had the same thought you did and kept DS in regular pull-ups for too long before I switched. My pediatrician said lots of kids that don't transition smoothly overnight have issues until age 7. AHHH!!

Ds outgrew it shortly after his 8th bday. Dd is 6 and no end in sight. Her twin sister has been dry overnight since age 2. Just depends on the kid.

my biggest piece of advise is be patient. my dd 13 has been goodnite free for 2 years. I thought it would never be over but eventually, the dry periods got longer and longer. we still keep a waterproof matress pad and bed liner on her bed just in case. we switched from goodnites to underjams when the goodnites got too tight. and I think they make less noise. hope this helps. hang in there- it won't last forever.

Ds outgrew it shortly after his 8th bday. Dd is 6 and no end in sight. Her twin sister has been dry overnight since age 2. Just depends on the kid.

I soooo agree with this.

Tab and Emm were 14 months apart and sharing a room and raised/trained the same way.

Tab had issues at night until 5 or so. Emmalee (with ADHD!) was dry at night with almost no training by 2.

Some get it...some take longer.

My son is skinny... Almost 5 and 35lbs.

:faint: Wow. My first DS weighed 30lbs. at his 12mo checkup.

ETA: that same son is now 13 and about 5'8-9ish and weighs roughly 175+.

:faint: Wow. My first DS weighed 30lbs. at his 12mo checkup.

I'm going to weigh him again! Maybe my DD2 is 35lbs. I suppose this confusion makes me a bad mom. :lol: He is a skinny kid though...

MOST 1 year old are closer to 20-21 pounds.

Mrsmom and I grown em big, rofl...

My DS too was around 31 pounds at his 12 month check up. But he started out over 10 pounds.

We finally kicked this at age 7 folks and mine REALLY had a tough time...I did use a bedwetting alarm that a very kind person from here gave me...she did finally learn and now is pullup free...thankfully my DD is skinny so we were able t use the biggest size pullups...it takes time and lots of sheet changing! :)

We have been using Goodnights and the goodnight pads and I have to tell you, I really like them. They are large, they stay in place and they work.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I took a big sigh when I was reading 5+ years on the bed wetting but we've been letting him run the show on this so I'll be happy to just be ONLY traveling with pull ups when baby #2 gets here and only have the night time diapers to maintain a stockpile of.

Sooooo thankful that we haven't had to deal with this.

Mrsmom and Barb, my boy is big too. He turned 3 in December and is 40 pounds. He weighs more than my 5 1/2 yo DD. And he's not fat, just a bruiser.

YAY! Join the club!

Okay so I weighed both kids... DS4 (closing in on 5) is 40lbs and DD2 (in Nov) is 30lbs.

Apparently I was averaging!

Leah is 6 and just hit 40lbs fully clothed. Laney's (also 6) around 43/44.

Back