What's new

Fernando Torres.

I want to cry watching him playing (or its better to say Suffering) in Chelsea ! Reminds me our Andryusha Shevchenko... what a pity... :(
Torres' confidence has been sapped to desperation level, it started towards the end of his Liverpool career and getting worse.

I want to cry watching him playing (or its better to say Suffering) in Chelsea ! Reminds me our Andryusha Shevchenko... what a pity... :(
Torres' confidence has been sapped to desperation level, it started towards the end of his Liverpool career and getting worse.

Shevchenko at Kiev and AC Milan =elite player
Shevchenko at Chelski = dire player

Same has happened to Torres :( I love FT at Liverpool he was amazing.

The main difference between Shevchenko and Torres is their age. Torres still has a chance to turn it around, he is only 27. Shevchenko was 30 when he signed for Chelsea, his legs were already gone.

I agree with you Shaun. I dont think he can ever reach those heights again, but I do think he can improve. I believe he has 0 self belief right now. He refused to take a penalty because he was scared of the consequences of a miss, and thy were crusing at that timetoo!!! So just imagine how he would be feeling in a tight game ? I just hope his legacy should not be so ( the greatest flop ever ), and he rediscovers some form, to justify the fan's faith in him.

I am a fan of Chelsea, and I think Torres is the biggest mistake in the club so far.
Spending this huge amount of money for a player that showed poor performance in the World Cup is stupid.
But, with the right Playmaker, Torres could become a beast again, as the goals he scored in Liverpool were goals that were made by good Playmakers, so yes, if he would get the amazing passes he was getting in Liverpool, he could become a beast again.

Back