What's new

first limbaugh now oreilly

Demokrat

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HIT THE NEWSSTAND IN A LONG WHILE! HE WENT ON TV TO PIMP HIS CHILDRENS BOOK AND HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST SEX CHARGES. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS? MICHEAL JACKSON???

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA SO MUCH FOR HAVING HIGH MORALS:laughing6

NEW YORK (AP) - Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly made a TV talk show appearance on what he said was "the worst day of my life" Thursday, vowing to fight sexual harassment charges by one of his producers.

Accuser Andrea Mackris spoke publicly for the first time, saying she felt threatened by her former boss, who filed a lawsuit charging the woman and her lawyer with extortion.

Mackris, 33, said O'Reilly made a series of sexually explicit phone calls to her. Mackris, an associate producer on Fox News Channel's top-rated "The O'Reilly Factor," said he advised her to use a vibrator, told her about sexual fantasies involving her and engaged in unwanted phone sex. During an appearance to promote his children's book on "Live with Regis and Kelly," O'Reilly said he'd been repeatedly threatened with lawsuits and bodily harm over the past few years. He said he knew that by filing his lawsuit, he could perhaps ruin his career.

Last time I checked, an allegation made did not constitute a guilty verdict. If I alledge in court that you date raped 5 women, are you guilty of it just because I said it?

What is your point, that a rich man is having charges brought up against him by a woman who, after some of the alledged crimes were committed, went back to work for him?

Or are you implying that you feel he is guilty based soley on the charge?

Can you say "TED"

Demokrat said:
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HIT THE NEWSSTAND IN A LONG WHILE! HE WENT ON TV TO PIMP HIS CHILDRENS BOOK AND HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST SEX CHARGES. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS? MICHEAL JACKSON???

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA SO MUCH FOR HAVING HIGH MORALS:laughing6

NEW YORK (AP) - Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly made a TV talk show appearance on what he said was "the worst day of my life" Thursday, vowing to fight sexual harassment charges by one of his producers.

Accuser Andrea Mackris spoke publicly for the first time, saying she felt threatened by her former boss, who filed a lawsuit charging the woman and her lawyer with extortion.

Mackris, 33, said O'Reilly made a series of sexually explicit phone calls to her. Mackris, an associate producer on Fox News Channel's top-rated "The O'Reilly Factor," said he advised her to use a vibrator, told her about sexual fantasies involving her and engaged in unwanted phone sex. During an appearance to promote his children's book on "Live with Regis and Kelly," O'Reilly said he'd been repeatedly threatened with lawsuits and bodily harm over the past few years. He said he knew that by filing his lawsuit, he could perhaps ruin his career.

Demokrat, can you say "Ted Kennedy"? Or is the retention span of a Democrat that short that they forget their Senator was involved in a fatal liason with one of his aides?:p

You know what wrong is wrong! It doesn't matter if you're for the left, right or in the middle. Why is it everytime one of these guys screws up, those who are for him, run and point the finger at others who've done wrong? I don't understand that thinking at all. Be real about the situation and call it what it is, " a screw up." That's what's wrong with so many people today, they don't want to take responsiblity for their screw ups. Instead of owning up to the problem, they and their supporters try to deflect by pointing the finger at someone else who screwed up.

NotJus4NE1 said:
You know what wrong is wrong! It doesn't matter if you're for the left, right or in the middle. Why is it everytime one of these guys screws up, those who are for him, run and point the finger at others who've done wrong? I don't understand that thinking at all. Be real about the situation and call it what it is, " a screw up." That's what's wrong with so many people today, they don't want to take responsiblity for their screw ups. Instead of owning up to the problem, they and their supporters try to deflect by pointing the finger at someone else who screwed up.

While I agree with you, situations like this are very tricky. This case was ultimately settled out of court. Who was lying? Was the situation taken out of context? Why did the woman continue to work with him after these alledged offenses took place?

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, OR, Innocent until admission. Neither of these conditions were met, so the world will never know. That is certainly not say one can not have an opinion on the matter, but chastisement, in this case, is really not appropriate. At least, in my opinion it isn't.

I honestly don't care if Bill did or didn't sexually harass that woman. That's their business and her reasons for staying at the job, are her own, but why did he settle if he was indeed innocent? I'll just say this on this issue and I'm done, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stone." Maybe he'll remember this the next time he's on his soapbox, and she'll handle her business better.

People who are innocent settle in court cases EVERY DAY! MANY times it is cheaper to just settle then to draw a case out until you can prove your innocence. It is better for your image to just end the case as fast as possible then to draw it out. If I was in his shoes I would have just settled. Just because somone settles a case out of court is not any reason to beleive thier guilt. Just like when somone pleads the fifth. YOU CANNOT ASSUME that because he was not proven innocent that he is guilty! That is a basic principle of our court system.

It takes two to tango. Perhaps they did talk "intimately" on the phone. No biggie! Slap his hand he is only human! He also forgot in the heat of the moment that "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned". He learned an expensive lesson. If you mess with younger women you are bound to be burned sooner or later. Poor guy!

Now, think about this? How much coverage would this have gotten if he accused her of the same thing? Would anyone care? This happend at my old work. A woman in the software section was sexually harrasing one of the guys in computers. I saw it happen. This lady was crazy. He went to speak to a manager about it and they did not beleive him. Even when others came in and talked about it they just ignored it. But not three months eriler a guy was fired on the spot for sexually harrasing a woman. So often women use sexual harrasment charges to get to a man. The guy wont respond to your advances so you get back at him for it. Despite how much we would like to think we are equal, women are almost always just asssumed by the populace to be telling the truth in these cases.

Sad but true Sicander a woman's word is almost always taken over a man's when it comes to sexual harassment. If a man is sexual harassed and complains more often than naught society considers him a wimp.

I think society is far to wrapped up in everything being sexual these days. If a man and woman are friends there is always someone trying to say there is something going on between them. What happened to the days when people thought with their brains and not their hormones?

Back