What's new

First time android user - wanting to root and flash my ROM

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
So I'm dropping my beloved iPhone for an android.
I ended up getting the LG Optimus Elite which comes with firmware 2.x
I'm told that I was to "root" my phone and load a 4.x ROM on it, so that is my goal.

As for the reason why I dropped my iphone, ATT was charging my way to much for what I need my phone for. I switched to virgin mobile and will only pay $35 a month vs the $99 I was paying to ATT. :eek:

So I have a good tutorial on rooting my phone here

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/12/exclusive-how-to-root-the-virgin-mobile-lg-optimus-elite/

and reason to root my phone here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/dctbb/okay_so_you_rooted_this_is_what/

Now I just need to find an updated ROM..

Any android users with rooting experience out there?

I haven't had any experience rooting anything other than Samsung devices. I'm sure I could help you out though!

I haven't had any experience rooting anything other than Samsung devices. I'm sure I could help you out though!
Sweet!
I think the guide I have above will be good to root, but I need a 4.x ROM that will work on my phone.

Any suggestions on where to look for such a thing?

I'm not really seeing much for rom developement for this phone yet. Is it fairly new? If you're wanting Android 4.x, you should wait for CyanogenMod 9 to be made available for it! I'd definitly suggest buying SetCPU and Root Explorer. If you want, I can email you the apks for Wifi Tether and Shoot Me. Shoot Me is one of the best screenshot apps, but it's no longer available on the Google Play Store.

I have extensive knowledge of rooting and android. But, I agree with everyone else there is not much for your phone yet. The downisde of new devices.. Though, you can root it and then add some games for free and some nice apps. Other than that you prolly are better off waiting... What exactly were you wanting to do with it after it is rooted? I could dig some stuff up for you if knew what you were wanting to do...

What exactly were you wanting to do with it after it is rooted? I could dig some stuff up for you if knew what you were wanting to do...
I was wanting to use the latest and greatest OS

Do you have the same phone #, or has it changed?

Back