What's new

First to hit 100

Originally posted by codePhoenix
and the sure-to-be-better-than-IGN attitude.

Should we even compare the two now? IGN is nothing, and was nothing even before wiredgamers started. Them and their charging for money. Don't people realize that many kids don't have jobs to pay for their services? Don't people realize that many parents aren't willing to shell out money, no matter how small, for a gaming site? My parents wouldn't do that.:sidestare

And as for our member count? We are most definitely going to be passing 100 by tomorrow. Maybe even tonight!

Gamespot used to be free but as the time went .. they needed to charge for some of their content .. It's very very hard keeping a site of IGn's or GameSpot's size to have all the content free ...

they mainly continue to charge because of all the bandwidth they are using and because they want to keep their staff heavily paid. When you're owned by Ziff Davis you don't hardly have to charge for content. That's just a choice you made on your own.

I dont think any gamer thinks too highly of IGN, or atleast a real gamer. How can you charge for the goodness of anything? and especially gaming. Atleast here we have a relationship from site to viewers and involve them. we dont want your cash just your heart ;).

Well, the people who use their forums must like them; they love posting there.

WE dont like those people, they are rich and traders. haha nah with any product you'll get fans, take spam for example, that stuff is crap and people are addicted to it. 0_o

I don't enjoy viewing IGN's content, but none-the-less they are the #1 Gaming site on the World Wide Web. As fr as anyone who can surpass their status than that's another story. You guys don't realize that IGN is huge. They even have their own shares in the Stock Market. And most of their money probably comes from 'your' wallets.

In order for anyone to be as successful as IGN than you have to start off with a ton of cash along with successful business planning. I'm not sure if Gamespot has it's own stocks, but they are also one of the biggest Gaming franchise networks.

Websites such as PlanetGamecube.com are independent websites who are not as popular as IGN and such forth but they do have a great amount of success. They usually don't have stocks in the market, but they are much better in my opinion.

Nowadays, websites such as IGN are all about money. It's all about the money because they need a good amount of profit in their wallets in order to successfully run their site, staff, content and stock.

Originally posted by xtremeboard3
I dont think any gamer thinks too highly of IGN, or atleast a real gamer. How can you charge for the goodness of anything? and especially gaming. Atleast here we have a relationship from site to viewers and involve them. we dont want your cash just your heart ;).
he lies! he only wants your money!

i'm just joking

doesn't ign have some sort of connection with madcatz?

I'm not sure on that one at all Gina. But, they do have a connection with a really large bank account, because of all the idiots who have Insider.

yea, no one will surpass IGN's boards... not in total post counts... but anyone can surpass them in the amount of "good topics" posted... if you browse through their boards it's filled with the same dumb morons posting the same question repeatedly in every single forum they have.

Back